I need some input from you fine folks

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I am donating a quarter of beef to a local charity, I need some ideas on how to present that in a cool way. It needs to be in the form of a gift certificate or something like that, because the steer has yet to be butchered. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Jogeephus":3qwb4avv said:
More details? Is this a raffle, drawing or straight to an orgaization?

It will be an auction and they need something to present to the winner with the details of who to contact and such.

Lots of certificate templates on the Internet for free. Just put your contact info on it for the recipient to get in touch with you. My experience has been maybe 50% will redeem the certificates.

I'm thinking you need to include a little biography so folks will know who they're eating. Name? How about Flower? (one of Bambi's buddies). Fence jumper (couldn't be held--but is free range). Which quarter? I'm a lefty so I'd appreciate a left rear. Others might bid more for a right quarter.
Generous gift at today's prices. Bless you.

john250":t9bflzst said:
I'm thinking you need to include a little biography so folks will know who they're eating. Name? How about Flower? (one of Bambi's buddies). Fence jumper (couldn't be held--but is free range). Which quarter? I'm a lefty so I'd appreciate a left rear. Others might bid more for a right quarter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hooknline":3lt6c8fg said:
Lots of certificate templates on the Internet for free. Just put your contact info on it for the recipient to get in touch with you. My experience has been maybe 50% will redeem the certificates.

Oddly enough many people will never claim their purchase at a charity auction. I kept a calf from a calf raffle at my house once till we finally had to sell it, and give the money to the club.

Ive honored gift certificates I gave to charities or clubs 3 or 4 years after their expiration dates. All get purchased or bid on, few get claimed

I think a certificate would be nice and on the back it could have all the directions and on what, how, who and were along with a short description of the animal so the auctioneer can read it to the crowd as he shows them the certificate - trimmed in gold of course. You could either print it from computer or office supply stores have them preprinted and you just fill in the blanks. This could then be shown to the butcher as proof of ownership. Or for a more lively crowd you could print the face of one of those California Happy Cows on a piece of paper with all the details on the back for the auctioneer to read.

I was wondering about the background of those who might be bidding (Who are you presenting to?). If they are an ag group, all is well. If they are a "city" group then, rather than bidding out a "side of beef" you might want to bid out X number of lbs of beef, complete with descriptions of leanness etc. With an ag group, I would describe ranch name, maybe the breed, etc.

john250":kbcmi4ud said:

His name is Bubbles and whenever something goes wrong out there, Bubbles is always close to it!

James T and Jo, great ideas on some additional info for the certificate, thank you.

I wouldn't include the animal's name. Namely because some people humanize animals.

You could make a certificate or letter with a letterhead with your farm/ranch name. You can buy certificates at office supply stores like Office Depot that include a template so that you can fill in the blanks on your computer. If you have Microsoft Word, you can download free templates at Microsoft.

Will it processed and ready to be picked up or will the winner have to pay for processing? If buyer has to pay, the approximate cost of processing should be included in the auction description.

It is a great donation for a fundraiser. I hope that it brings lots of $$$

Latest posts