I need more coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

Old, what do you mean old. I'm can out work, out drink, go without sleep, more than most anyone on here. Hahahaha
But yes I will deliver. Heading to Ohio tomorrow then Maine Tuesday night. Get your order in to Shelly.

What age is old?

Must be 100

My old man said your old when most people your age children graduated high school working on grandchildren or has grandchildren....your at the elementary school. Bahahahahaha. Hey I'm good with that. Makes me look my age, 21. I wouldn't look right with a child in high school being 21. That would be strange. Bahahahahahahhaha.

YOU CAN HAVE THEM ALL. Ever heard of Neospora? Coyotes carry it. Coyotes sit on top of the round bales to hunt mice. While their up there they :poop: on the hay. The cows eat the poop. Causes the cows to abort, and not breed back. Heifer fetuses that are carried to term are usually sterile.
I don't care how we get rid of them. We have a guy that likes to trap. We shoot everyone we see.
barn cats will get the mice. I trap and hunt coons. The deer are a pain, but they don't abort my cows.
Had an outbreak of neosporia
late 90's . That's bad stuff.

My old man said your old when most people your age children graduated high school working on grandchildren or has grandchildren....your at the elementary school. Bahahahahaha. Hey I'm good with that. Makes me look my age, 21. I wouldn't look right with a child in high school being 21. That would be strange. Bahahahahahahhaha.
I am still trying to figure out how a coyote thread ended up about age and kids.

I am still trying to figure out how a coyote thread ended up about age and kids.

Come on Mr. Caustic Burno you been on here long enough to know my Adhd highjacks every thread with another subject... you think that's bad you should spend a day with me. FOCUS is the word of the day every day. Dang you about got me caught up on an emoji.

Come on Mr. Caustic Burno you been on here long enough to know my Adhd highjacks every thread with another subject... you think that's bad you should spend a day with me. FOCUS is the word of the day every day. Dang you about got me caught up on an emoji.
A claw hammer and aspirin would probably be involved in less than 30 minutes.

LMAO---the ADHD part brings back a lot of memories.

A claw hammer and aspirin would probably be involved in less than 30 minutes.

OH MY GOODNESS!! My step brother was in prison with a guy that took a hammer to some people killed them.... his release date was something crazy 5555 supposedly. I never care to look it up.

I've never had a problem with the yotes and the cows... a much bigger problem for me are pine trees making the cows abort and usually not breed back. I think i've shot 2 in the last 12 years? One actually came on our front porch the other night, I see their tracks in the corrals but they seem to have an understanding with the cattle... whatever it is, I've got other things to wage war against for now.

Please help me out here. I know that coyotes carry Neospora. What do coons carry that is dangerous to my cattle? Thanks,

Please help me out here. I know that coyotes carry Neospora. What do coons carry that is dangerous to my cattle? Thanks,
It's not just coyotes, any dog can as well. The only thing that I know coons transmit to cattle is leptospirosis. The hogs will rain down the leptospirosis plague on you as well.

Coyotes won't help with a raccoon population. Not only would a coon put up a pretty good fight. It might whip a coyotes. I ran a long line trap line for years. I would haul the skinned out carcasses up in the hills and dump them. Coyotes would eat the carcasses. They would clean up the muskrats, beavers, bobcats, and coyote carcasses long before they would touch a coon.
Trap the coons. Get a hound and run them. If you still want coyotes you can come get all you want for free.

They would clean up the muskrats, beavers, bobcats, and coyote carcasses long before they would touch a coon.
Must be regional or a lack of choice. I used to trap coons kinda heavy. I'd dump the carcasses in a brush pile. The coyotes would drag them out, eat what they wanted and go on to the next one.

Must be regional or a lack of choice. I used to trap coons kinda heavy. I'd dump the carcasses in a brush pile. The coyotes would drag them out, eat what they wanted and go on to the next one.
My had a smorgasbord. Muskrats and beavers were always the first to go. Mink and otters were the last. In fact I don't remember them ever eating an otter.

Latest posts