I need more coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
Just got done scraping more coon crap off my hay bales.

I'll be the economic loss to agriculture (sheep maybe aside) from the disease brought in by rodents, coons, deer, and possum that coyotes could be helping us beat back is greater than any loss we face due to coyotes killing calves. Not to mention the economic loss by deer to the row crop industry.

Maybe we like hunting deer and turkey but it seems to me we're cutting off our nose despite our face.

Any of you don't want your coyotes, send them my way.

Just got done scraping more coon crap off my hay bales.

I'll be the economic loss to agriculture (sheep maybe aside) from the disease brought in by rodents, coons, deer, and possum that coyotes could be helping us beat back is greater than any loss we face due to coyotes killing calves. Not to mention the economic loss by deer to the row crop industry.

Maybe we like hunting deer and turkey but it seems to me we're cutting off our nose despite our face.

Any of you don't want your coyotes, send them my way.
YOU CAN HAVE THEM ALL. Ever heard of Neospora? Coyotes carry it. Coyotes sit on top of the round bales to hunt mice. While their up there they :poop: on the hay. The cows eat the poop. Causes the cows to abort, and not breed back. Heifer fetuses that are carried to term are usually sterile.
I don't care how we get rid of them. We have a guy that likes to trap. We shoot everyone we see.
barn cats will get the mice. I trap and hunt coons. The deer are a pain, but they don't abort my cows.

Yeah, coyotes don't have anything to do with coon populations. Coon are about the easiest thing there is to trap, but it does take time. I declared war on them a couple years ago, probably killed over 100 in a couple years time. That was just trapping around the house and barn. This year I finally see the difference, its actually been tough to catch one. Get some dog proof traps and cheap dog food or canned mackerel. Kill them all, young or old.

I've seen coyotes up on hay a many time, be it stored outside, or stacked in a shed. They crap on it too.
We have plenty of coons and coyotes.
Coons can be trapped fairly easy.

Yeah, coyotes don't have anything to do with coon populations. Coon are about the easiest thing there is to trap, but it does take time. I declared war on them a couple years ago, probably killed over 100 in a couple years time. That was just trapping around the house and barn. This year I finally see the difference, its actually been tough to catch one. Get some dog proof traps and cheap dog food or canned mackerel. Kill them all, young or old.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

From my observation coyotes are not prone to attacking anything having the ability to fight back.
Interesting. So coyotes won't take coons - even young coons because they might fight back (which I personally agree with), but they will take a 100 lb calf out of the middle of a herd of cows (which I don't agree happens but for all the folks posting on this site that it does)? Doesn't seem like we cattle folks can have it both ways :)

Coons are easy , dog proof traps or live traps and then a 22. . I battle them every year for my sweet corn . I'll take a few coyotes over vultures/buzzards

Coyotes CAN and WILL kill young calves. They are opportunistic, it depends a lot on the cows as to how protective of there calves they are. We haven't had an issue with coyotes for a few years, likely due to having cows that are very protective and a few that will run them whenever they see them regardless of whether they have a calf or not. In the past we have had coyote predations on calves. Currently buzzards are the bigger problems but if a coyote can get an opportunity to take a calf rest assured they will try.

Our mini horse can be mean she will straight up Naynay whip roll a coyote, dog, ect. She is one rough mammy jammy.
If you need some coyote come trap you some here how many do you want? Better yet what you pay for them. Hahahaha. We get you some and deliver with old Mr Thomas @kenny thomas for the right price. Hahahaha

Our mini horse can be mean she will straight up Naynay whip roll a coyote, dog, ect. She is one rough mammy jammy.
If you need some coyote come trap you some here how many do you want? Better yet what you pay for them. Hahahaha. We get you some and deliver with old Mr Thomas @kenny thomas for the right price. Hahahaha
Old, what do you mean old. I'm can out work, out drink, go without sleep, more than most anyone on here. Hahahaha
But yes I will deliver. Heading to Ohio tomorrow then Maine Tuesday night. Get your order in to Shelly.

I miss my coyotes. I enjoyed their calls, but more importantly they kept the mice population down, and that kept my irrigation pipes cleaned out. This was before cattle, so I'm not sure how I'd feel now. We get one every once in awhile, but not enough to make a dent. Our farmer neighbor killed their habitat.

Latest posts