I need a hay probe for taking hay samples

Help Support CattleToday:

MasseyFerg

Reaction score
any that you recommend that are reasonably priced. I want to use my cordless drill. Oh, I will use it to sample round bales not small squares if that makes a difference

Thank you

MasseyFerg":1pc0nnyz said:
any that you recommend that are reasonably priced. I want to use my cordless drill. Oh, I will use it to sample round bales not small squares if that makes a difference

Thank you
Call the noble foundation ag division.

I've used the one from NASCO for years with a hand brace, pretty sure it would work on a power drill too. eNASCO.com

We got ours from the Noble Foundation. They don't make a profit on them. You might want to check them out.

only thing that i see on the noble foundation website is a list of companies that sell probes. Maybe they don't sell them anymore? how long ago did you buy one from Noble foundation?

Used a sampler from my feed supplier. Sample cost around 14.00 to run. He offered to pickup sample fee for his feed customers.

MasseyFerg":331yalhm said:
only thing that i see on the noble foundation website is a list of companies that sell probes. Maybe they don't sell them anymore? how long ago did you buy one from Noble foundation?
Yes they still have them.

MasseyFerg":1h2nmtsa said:

Thank you
I use one very similar to these....just shove it into the bale, pull it out and go to the next one. You can make one very very similar for less than $50.00 using PVC pipe, a couple of set screws, some pvc glue and a piece of pipe beveled on the end so you can shove it into the bale....you won't need the drill. If you want to get out real cheap just use the pipe only and a good thick glove on the hand you will use to shove the pipe into the bale. (Oh you'll need a little dowel rod to push the sample out of the pipe into your collection bag).

http://udyone.com/hayprobeinfo.htm#udy2001

Latest posts