I miss Dad

Help Support CattleToday:

It does get better, but not much. My Dad died 35 years ago and still miss him, there are still times I want to turn around and show him something or see soemthing I know he would have enjoyed, or just for no particular reason.

Same here Dun. Mine left us in 2007. When I'm doing even simple things like planting a garden row, I often wonder 'What would he think of...?"

(I KNOW what he would think of me being on a computer..."Boy your wasting time sitting in front of that thing!!" )

greybeard":2hvh1g3h said:
Same here Dun. Mine left us in 2007. When I'm doing even simple things like planting a garden row, I often wonder 'What would he think of...?"

(I KNOW what he would think of me being on a computer..."Boy your wasting time sitting in front of that thing!!" )

My dad looked at my garden one time and just stared at it. Not one word. Turned and went back to his coffee. :lol2:

greybeard":23hy5eis said:

He'd be correct.

I really don't think it matters how old we are when we lose a parent, we miss them and it hurts. We have a friend who's 71 and still misses his parents as he did the day they died. My mom is 84, still wishes her grandmother were here.

Its hard. I miss my dad. I miss my husband's mother, she was a great lady.

BUT....I think its good that we think of them, we miss them and still love them....it keeps them "alive" to a certain degree.

Katherine

Lost Dad on D Day 2002, still miss him. Really get's bad around opening of squirrel season.
That was alway's high times when we were in the wood's if we weren't squirrel hunting we were coon hunting.

I so know you do!! Your dad was young. I'm sorry Inyatii. I lost my Mother 1/08/13, and yesterday would have been her 83rd birthday. I don't cry easy, but I had a good cry last night. My husband's dad is 100 years, lost his 98 year wife 18 months ago, and he was diagnosed with no-fix-it cancer last month. He is ready to go; he misses her and says he's lived long enough. We aren't ready, but he is. He's weak in the body, but not in the brain. Husband and son will travel next week to spend some quality time with Dad/Gramps. As we get older, our elders do also. Hugs to you!

I am about to turn 62 as well; lost my dad 7 years ago. He was of that generation that survived the depression and would spend 3 hours fixing something that would have cost $3 to fix. So many things he would do that made me go huh??, now I find myself doing the same thing the same way he did. When that happens, I stop and grin and know that he is looking down from heaven, laughing his head off.

I wish every day I could talk to my dad and ask his advice. I would pay a lot more attention this time.

My little brother died two days short of his 43rd birthday in a car wreck and left 7- and 11-year-old daughters. I was the one the sheriff contacted and had to tell my mother and then my brother's family. Never want to do that night ever again. When I got my kidney transplant in 1999, it came from a man 10 years younger than me who died and left 7- and 11-year-old children. As grateful as I was for the life-saving kidney, I cried and grieved for that family. It's hard to lose a daddy at any age; much more so when they haven't had a chance to live their lives and raise their kids.

Lost Grandpa (Isom) in 03. Every day I wish I could have 30 minutes with him just one more time. My dad is my best friend, I just couldn't imagine being here on this earth without him. For those of you who have lost a parent I am truly sorry.

Mine has been gone a long time. It was real hard on me. It was like my world fell apart and I still have not been able to get it fixed back right. But the grief does get better but with most people it takes time.

Talking to a friend recently and she said something that kind of hit me right between the eyes. She said, "We are the top generation now." I have known that in one sense, but the way she put it sort of rattled me.
I don't want to be the top generation. I feel inadequate. But we have to cowboy up, step up to the plate, and do the job like they did.

jedstivers":3nrvz74g said:
Worst thing is my kids are 19, 7 and 5 and he doesn't get to see them grow up.
That's how I feel about my Grandkids

Grandpa":3v5ij30m said:
I wish every day I could talk to my dad and ask his advice. I would pay a lot more attention this time.
You are so right :nod:

Took the irrigation pump apart the other day, two of the bearings had seized. The last time that happened I helped my dad repair the pump, this time I had to do it myself but it was as if he was right there with me guiding my every step :cry2:

You will always miss him Inyati but it does get better.

Mother has been gone about 13 years, Dad 3 March 20th. Still miss the heck out of them, but with them both being pretty sick I find it somewhat comforting they are no longer here and in a miserable state of being.

It's funny, but I always wonder what my dad and granddad would think of me working the home-place. I'm sure they never had a clue that I would be out there with cattle. When we put the new fence in a few years ago I asked my brother what Granddad would have thought about us pulling up his bois d'arc corner posts. The consensus was that he would say we were both f*%&^@g nuts. He would also tell us that we need jersey cows instead of anything beef.

Latest posts