I made a great decision last week

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Had an epic week in the hayfield. If it could go wrong it did. Got bear caught but I worked my tail off and got it all put up EXCEPT one field that I didn't need so I sold the hay uncut in the field. With a large heat wave on us and no rain in the forecast the fella that bought it didn't see any point in working today. I checked the field and it was dry as could be and called him but he said he'd be there Monday to bail it. I'm glad he is the proud owner of the hay and not me cause I stepped outside and it looks like what night time looked like During Desert Storm. I check the radar and there is a big wave a red heading straight south into our area. As I finish this sentence I can hear the rain on the window. Will miracles never cease. Maybe the worm has turned.

Its pouring down now. God I'm glad I sold that hay! :banana: (don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing him any ill will I'm just so glad its not mine)

Jogeephus":1an7ti9t said:
Its pouring down now. God I'm glad I sold that hay! :banana: (don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing him any ill will I'm just so glad its not mine)
I just looked at the radar and the bottom of southern Georgia is in a severe thunderstorm warning all the way across the state. Good for you Joe.

Send some of that rain up here Jo. It has been brutal. My pasture is like wheat straw and it has been hellishly hot. It got up to 109 yesterday in Nashville. It was 107 on Friday and Saturday and well over 100 most all of last week. Supposed to be 100 or better again today with no rain in sight. It is starting to feel like Texas in the the greenest state in the land of the free..................

KNERSIE":1lqfl5oz said:
3waycross":1lqfl5oz said:
I hate to ask but did you get paid?

Cynical old me wondered the same thing....

Not yet. :shock: Just kidding. Not worried about that. Gotta wait till its baled then I get so much per roll. Besides the bank was closed and this is going to be a cash transaction so I can report the income on that cash form they have. I think that form is sexy. Can't remember the number though. Anyone know?

Hoss, it was drying up here to. Odd thing was the rain came from the north. That doesn't happen often since most of our rain comes frome Pete's puddle or the Atlantic side. Strange.