I love stuff like this....

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
My brother-in-law is an artifacts curator in an engineering investigation firm. Every now and then they clean out some storage and throw away stuff that has been closed out for years. He brought me two loaded .50 BMG rounds headstamped FA 43 (Franford Arsenal 1943) and 5 loaded .30 rounds stamped TW 42 (Twin Cities Arsenal 1942). The .50's are a tracer round and an armor piercing round. I know this stuff has no real dollar value but I love the history. I will put it with the rest of my WW2 collection.

Jogeephus":17unrs1y said:
Nice find. Now all you need is something for them to go in to. ;-)
I got the 30.06 rounds covered since I have an M1 Garand rifle. I do WANT a .50 rifle VERY bad. My brother-in-law has one (an LAR Grizzly) and it is a hoot to shoot. Last year we shot 55 gallon drums of water at 1,000 yards. That was very cool. I would love to use one on an elk hunt......plant my butt on the rim of a canyon and relax all day. No humping all over the mountains for days when you have that much range and firepower :mrgreen:

gonzo":zfunqxkd said:
kenny thomas":zfunqxkd said:
I like that kind of thing. I have a 458 magnum shell on the shelf and have never owned anything to shoot it.
Don't know if I got the shoulder.

Need a muzzle brake for that. I shot a .375 H&H once off of a bench and it was all I wanted. I could shoot it standing up without feeling like a truck hit me but from a bench it was brutal. That is the bad thing about us fellas over 200 lbs. We have to absorb every ounce of recoil where those little skinny fellars can move with it easier. I shoot 3" 12 gauge slugs allot. After 10 rounds off the bench I feel like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.