"I Love Me Some Rednecks"

Help Support CattleToday:

No, I'm in south AL. A friend of mine shared the link to this editorial on facebook, and I thought it was a pretty accurate portrait of what happens when disaster strikes. R u near there?
*Edit - I can see now (couldn't on the blkbry) where u are.

Alacowman, I do not doubt that. I was told they found an insurance sign from downtown Cullman in Scottsboro and even wilder than that the little hamburger place that has been in Cullman as long as I can recall "The Busy Bee" sign was found somewhere in Georgia.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":1485t92v said:
Alacowman, I do not doubt that. I was told they found an insurance sign from downtown Cullman in Scottsboro and even wilder than that the little hamburger place that has been in Cullman as long as I can recall "The Busy Bee" sign was found somewhere in Georgia.

Circle H Ranch
i was talking to customer here yesterday that told me about the sign.. forgot who they we're for the moment... got some pictures of a little boy and one of a little girl and a prom picture.. ive pick up along im gonna give it to some one to post when i think ive found all... i find something nearly every day mostly debris.. and lots of it

Any damage at your place? How long was the power out?

Thanks for asking but we escaped heavy damage and were very lucky. We did not have power for about 5 days and lost everything in the fridge and some freezer items because we actually left and I carried everyone to a sale that I was consulting on in Tenn. that weekend. We came home on Sunday and about 3 hours after we returned the power came back on. We only had the food spoilage and about 3-4 trees uprooted on our place.

Circle H Ranch

i was talking to customer here yesterday that told me about the sign.. forgot who they we're for the moment... got some pictures of a little boy and one of a little girl and a prom picture.. ive pick up along im gonna give it to some one to post when i think ive found all... i find something nearly every day mostly debris.. and lots of it

I forgot to tell you but I had a container with a bunch of money blow away. If you find it I would appreciate you telling me so I can come and get it from you. :banana: :banana:

Circle H Ranch

Some of Ya'll know I'm from Moulton. Well bout 10 miles west of there. I'm from a little community called Mount Hope. I have seen some things that would amaze anyone. The damage that these storms did was devastating. The people around here are very close. The folks around here haven't been screaming I need a hand-out, they have been rolling up their sleeves and doing what needs to be done. I'll share one story with Ya'll.
I had been clearing debris during the day and working my normal second shift job as a maintenance electrician at night. One night I was going home and stopped for some fuel about one o'clock in the morning. I saw a truck pulling a trailer with tools on it for clearing damage from this storm. The tag on the truck was from Maryland. I spoke with them and they said they were going back home after spending a week down here working. They were fixing to fill up and I pulled out my debit card and said "here let me get it, and thanks for helping out". The guy paused and said you don't understand. 2 weeks ago I would have accepted your offer and not thought anything about it. We have been here for a couple of weeks and I have saw acts of kindness I never thought were possible. We have been taken into homes and fed by complete strangers. We have had people stop and give us drinks, we have been hugged by ladies that have lost everything. We have been offered places to stay every night. We have seen a class of people that we didn't even know existed. We are getting paid to come down here and work by Fema. I just can't allow you to pay for our gas, not after seeing how the people around here really are.
Our little community is no different from most rural areas around the country. We have had folks from other places come in to help as well. There are a lot of good people in the world. We have had a couple of looters as well. A guy was shot a week or so ago steeling from a family that was living under a tarp. This is what you read about in the local news. You see a lot of coverage about the bad things. You hear very little about the way things really are.

BAMA

Naw it ain't in Texas, its in the northwest part of Alabama bout 20 miles west of Decatur.

Latest posts