I Lost My Best Friend Today

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria,

Yes, I understand and I'm sorry. We've had to do it too many times. Don't worry about those who may ridicule you for grieving over a dog. Some people are just more capable of feeling love than others, whether it be for a person or a pet.

I understand also Victoria because I had to have my Spotter put down last year after he contracted a rare disease and was gone within seven days. I brought him home when he was about the size of a sweet potato and he lived two years. It broke my heart and I still think of him daily. Your Charity was a beautiful dog and I am so sorry you lost her.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

In 99 my Great Pyringes died, and it was the weirdest thing, about 3 months afterwards, I was getting the mail down the driveway, and I turned around and here stood a look alike to my BOSS, the great Pyringes. He followed me home, sat on the exact place on the deck that BOSS used to sit, and even had the same crooked tooth. I didn't know what to think, what a funny coincidence for sure. He hung around, followed me wherever I went, the Vet had been out, he looked at the dog, said he was about 3-4 years old (Boss was 10), then as quickly as he showed up, he was just gone. We looked for him, but never found a clue as to where he came from or where he went. Weird huh?

Gail

Mr. Bachelor,

That surely brought back memories. Thanks for taking the time to write it. :)

Alice

My Pepper was the finest Rat Terrier dog I ever knew. I bought her for forty bucks but I didn't own her. We were equal partners and she was my constant companion and a rat killer with no equal. I think of her every day. I had to put her down after she suffered a stroke. Sorry for your loss Victoria. :(

Vickie the vet: so sorry for your loss--a beautiful dog.
I can relate. We had to put down our Lucy a week
ago today. I boo-hooed the whole time and the day after.
She got so she could not get up and move around -- and
had not eaten in 3 days. She was 15+ yrs old and we had
her since she was the size of a small kitten. Red heeler
cross. I miss her terribly as I know you miss Charity.
I believe in the rainbow bridge.

Thanks to everyone else who has responded. Most of us have been there. Last night was a little better. I was reading a quote about dogs that they never show discontent, jealousy or evil. I told my husband that they didn't know Charity - evil never but when she was discontented she would grunt and she was jealous. When he hugged me she would grab a squeaky toy and try to get in between us. We had a good laugh remembering her, one without tears. It was good.

I'm sorry for your loss Victoria.I think for most of us our dogs are just part of the family.

Deepest Sympathy
Larry

I am so sorry. I lost my Precious four years ago and I am still not over it. Especially when I think that she died alone in that cold vet clinic. It's an awful feeling.

We will never forget our Charity and I will always miss her, she was one of the special ones. We knew we would get another dog after Charity but we are getting one right away, house is just too empty and fencing alone is just not the same. So, we are off to get a puppy on Sept. 22. We are getting a Black Russian Terrier. He won't take Charity's place but hopefully he will be a special dog too.
Thanks for sharing your stories and your condolences. It means a lot to me.
Victoria

I still miss my Bear Dog (Black German Shepherd) It's been 30
years,and I miss him every day. He was my right arm,never let me down,friend,protector of me and my kids..

Latest posts