I Listened, I Tried

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I can laugh about this now, but I was pretty ticked off last week.

You all might remember the bar fly that called me a kitchen b*tch. Well I ran into her last week at the tire store. I have been trying to avoid her. I normally do not do business there and after this never will again even for the hubby.

I had volunteered to take the beef for the 4-H clubs burgers in to the USDA butcher shop. Well found out just as I was about to leave I needed 2 tires for hubby's trailer. I wanted to wait and get them in Great Falls, but he said to do them in town. Oh wonderful. I was not happy.

I pulled into the shop and went inside looking for the owner. Well here she came out of the office and about half way across the shop. She starts yelling at me asking if that was my trailer, do I need tires for it, what do I need.

Now since I do not trust myself to be nice I say nothing. Noted she was standing in the middle of all the guys. Shop started to get quiet and all the guys are looking at me.

Well then she looks at the owner who is kneeling down behind some stuff and yells,"See she won't talk to me!" Then stands there and smirks at me.

That's it.
I yell back, "I have nothing to say to a blank blank that makes moves on my husband!"

Shop got quiet, she turned around and walked back in the office.
I told the owner what I needed and walked out the door.

To make it even more crazy the idiots put the tire on the wrong wheel. :roll: :roll:

These things are unpleasant and to be avoided if possible. You tried. Seems like you handled it very well. :clap: :clap:
Must not be much to the owner if he allows her to speak that way to customers. Next time I bet you go to the other store.

Now I will not be able to sleep wondering exactly how the blank blank part should be interpreted. :?

Ryder":2a36p4pl said:
Now I will not be able to sleep wondering exactly how the blank blank part should be interpreted. :?

Oh that is easy.....It's.....be nice be nice....... :oops: :lol: :lol:

Ryder put it this way, most kids who would have said it would have gotten a bottle of soap in their mouths. ;-)
No the owner is not much of a boss. More of a drunk then anything. He is known to get toasted and call up his employees rant and rave at them and fire them, then call them the next morning asking why they are not at work.

Got 2 different tire shops I plan to use from now on.

Had to go there in an emergency with a trailer tire that lost its tread. If I thought I could have made it the extra 30 miles I would have went to a different tire store.
Hubby sure did not like it when I walked into the house and dropped that tire in front of him. He had taken the spare off of my trailer. It is back on. ;-) :lol2:

Jogeephus":3alrdrxk said:
I bet you were thinking, "so many tire irons and too many witnesses". :cowboy:

LMAO Jo.. :lol:

ILH you really need to ignore her ,do not respond to anything she says or does no matter how much she gets under your skin .

You must be near Missoula, last I heard that was where my Ex wife was living. Sounds just like her.

1982vett":1xovi5ij said:
Ryder":1xovi5ij said:

Oh that is easy.....It's.....be nice be nice....... :oops: :lol: :lol:
Gosh Vett, Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I kept thinking of all the things it might have been and wondering which ones were said. Or was it something I hadn't even thought of. It was driving me bonkers.
I feel so mush better now that you have helped me undersand. :?

Jo I was thinking how I was wishing she was not in there and I could get away from there peacefully.

HD I have done everything in my power to stay away from her. Including last year at the Homecoming parade for the school of not calling her a few nasty names right to her face.
Thought it, but didn't do it. Walked right by her and didn't say a word.

No 3way I'm not near Missoula. Last time I was there I was going down the Interstate at 85+mph heading home. Son looked at me and asked,"Mom what are you going to tell the cop that pulls you over?"
"I just had to get out of this freak town."
Son about wet his pants laughing. We had eaten lunch at a Burger King and a college kid had come in wearing pants that looked like he lost a fight with a weed wacker. A mohawk dyed different colors and a very dirty shirt.
Of course my son saw him first and had to say,"Look behind you at the freak that just walked in." Not in a quiet voice either. :oops:
Bet your ex fits right in 3way. ;-) :lol2:

i feel for you sometimes you just cant avoid people like that.that old gal was trying to tick you off.

Maybe people like this shouldn't be avoided maybe they should be told exactly how you feel about them, and thn let it be done.

GMN

but if you tell them off becareful where you do it.a few weeks ago i was at church an i unloaded on an old feller bigtime.but that old feller had been spurring me to my face an behind my back for a few weeks.i was gonna get him earlier.an his wife son an DIL saved his backside.but no 1 saved him the sunday i unloaded on him.the precher asked my mom about it.an she told him it was just a matter of time before i got the guy.an she was surprised i waited as long as i did.he was lucky i backed off after i blew up.later he said he was sorry an i accepted it.

bigbull I know she was out to push my buttons, but I bet she didn't expect me to say what I said. :lol2:

A person can only take so much pushing until they are done and unload on them. I took alot of her pushing from the insults to flirting with my husband to calling my kids names. Thoughts of pounding her into the ground would come to mind, but the only thing that would have done was get me thrown in jail and loss of my liscense for EMS and loss of respect from my fellow firefighters and EMS personal. She aint worth it. I worked too long and hard for their respect and no bar fly is going to make me lose it.

Thing about unloading on someone, is that you can only get away with it, if the person is somewhat educated and can see what they said was wrong. You take a bar fly, I doubt she would get it even if you told her what you felt. i got a dimwit in my family, I can't stand her, last week she emailed me out of the blue, ranting and raving why I haven't contacted her in 5 months(5 months ago, I made the decision to not correspond with her due to some circumstance-too numerous to mention, and honestly I feel i am better off for it). This email was potty mouth style, ending with the F word-U. it was uncalled for, and even though I so wanted to email her back and tell her a few things, I know she doesn't have the mentality to understand it, her problem is that she is always blaming others for her own bad choices, and until she accepts that her actions have had consequences to me, and many others, any kind of contact with her is just stupid, as she is stupid.

So.. you did the right thing, and its Ok to jsut ignore and avoid, who needs all that extra drama nonsense-life is too short.

GMN

GMN":1gme4ebk said:
Thing about unloading on someone, is that you can only get away with it, if the person is somewhat educated and can see what they said was wrong. You take a bar fly, I doubt she would get it even if you told her what you felt. i got a dimwit in my family, I can't stand her, last week she emailed me out of the blue, ranting and raving why I haven't contacted her in 5 months(5 months ago, I made the decision to not correspond with her due to some circumstance-too numerous to mention, and honestly I feel i am better off for it). This email was potty mouth style, ending with the F word-U. it was uncalled for, and even though I so wanted to email her back and tell her a few things, I know she doesn't have the mentality to understand it, her problem is that she is always blaming others for her own bad choices, and until she accepts that her actions have had consequences to me, and many others, any kind of contact with her is just stupid, as she is stupid.

So.. you did the right thing, and its Ok to jsut ignore and avoid, who needs all that extra drama nonsense-life is too short.

GMN
I compliment you for taking the "high road" with the dimwit. If you can disengage then they can't hurt you because they are then neutralized. Nowhere for their negativity to go so it becomes their problem.

But what is best to do depends on circumstances. Not a "one" best way to handle things.

GMN":pfpo7joi said:
Thing about unloading on someone, is that you can only get away with it, if the person is somewhat educated and can see what they said was wrong.
So true, one could end up wasting a lot of one's time with a person that just can't see 'it'. Sort of a mentality thing.

My Only regret is that I did not drop ths family member dimwit-10 years ago-should have-but like you say Ryder the circumstances were much different then, and I still had hope that she would turn into a mature adult, now i can see that will never happen-so bye bye

GMN