I like these 2 models

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I sure wish I could get one of them for fathers day :lol:

ResizedImage_1426991338273_zps51f76102.jpg

ResizedImage_1426991339145_zps04118552.jpg

JW IN VA":1gounfdr said:
Buy both. Whichever you don't want I'll keep for you and see it gets used.

What a pal ? You would do that for me :lol: :lol: :lol: I saw them at the dealer and looked at them and sat in them liked the feel and comfort of each.

With these new Tier 4 engines I'm *scared* of 'maintenance and repairs'. very scared, and they're both going to be similar in that regard

Nesikep":3bdiqag0 said:
With these new Tier 4 engines I'm *scared* of 'maintenance and repairs'. very scared, and they're both going to be similar in that regard
+1

jltrent":x2rwu928 said:
Nesikep":x2rwu928 said:
+1

I have an orange tractor that was considerably less expensive to purchase than red or blue (or green) Unfortuately it does have the Tier 4 stuff. So far, so good, but it only has 250 hours.

Diesel Particulate Filter has to burn itself out every so often. I push the button and it automatically cycles when it wants to. No diesel exhaust fluid with the orange system.

In 1999, Case IH merged with New Holland Ag to form a new parent company, CNH Global. The majority owner of CNH Global is Fiat Industrial.

Are they basically the same tractor?

Farmall is just a model name CIH uses, like Magnum, Puma, Maximum. That way they can use the same number on different models (i.e. Maximum 110, Farmall 110) because the number tells engine HP.

I thought the Farmall name existed as a Indian tractor for a while.

I always intermixed Farmall, McCormick and International.

HDRider":1c57tap3 said:
I thought the Farmall name existed as a Indian tractor for a while.

I always intermixed Farmall, McCormick and International.

IIRC, when CaseIH and NH merged, the CaseIH Maxxum tractors along with the McCormick brand were sold off to Landini and renamed McCormick. The first McCormicks were basically rebadged Maxxums with Perkins engines instead of Cummins.

Maxxum/McCormick tractors were produced in England at a factory that went all the way back to the David Brown tractor line. Kind of lost track of things since. There were a few McCormicks around here at first. Good tractors with modern features at a better price than the major colors. Seems company parts/service to dealers was unrealiable. Only one McCormick I know of around here now.

As noted, the new tractors pictured at the top of the page are both NH and/or Fiat based design with minor differences between the colors. The only thing CaseIH about the red tractor is the IH red paint :roll:

As noted, the new tractors pictured at the top of the page are both NH and/or Fiat based design with minor differences between the colors. The only thing CaseIH about the red tractor is the IH red paint :roll:[/quote]
There's more to it than paint. Fiat hasn't forgot what makes a tractor pull, Fiat is still building tractors the right way, heavy and with cubic inches for HP. The Case and NH are probably the best built tractor and will out pull any other brand, especially in 100 - 150 hp range.