I know this has been done, but...

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint

Reaction score
I offically quit smoking, last Friday, the 15th.

After many attempts, I think I may have it whipped.

As far as I know, it hasn't been said, that I lost my Dad about a month ago. After watching him gasp for his last breath, I promised my Mom that I would try.

To all the young people that are on this board, I would encourage you to never start. It is a habit you don't want.

I'm so sorry about your Dad. That's not easy.

I swore I would quit smoking when I lost my best friend to lung cancer. Twelve years later I'm still smoking. Doesn't mean you can't do it. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your Mom.

Warpaint, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Memories last forever. Peace be with you and your family.
Tom.

So sorry to hear about your dad, that is a hard way to go. My mom smoked for 50 years and quit. It took several attempts, but she kept trying and hasn't smoked in 5 years. Good luck.

Larry

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad WP, keep up the quiting smoking.
My Dads death was due to the smoking, thankfully I never have taken up the weed, but I don't preach to those that do, it is up to you, my eldest Brother said he would stop after seeing our Dad die the way he did and he has not smoked now for 21 years. so good luck in keeping it up it can be done.

WP Sorry to here about your dad thought I was going to lose mine a few months back but god gave us a little more time thankfully, I wish you all the best on quitting the cigarettes I haven't smoke but occasionally but I chew at least a can of copenhagen a day and I have tried to quit it is hard but you can do it
Goodluck

WP, so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I still miss mine every day. The only smoking I do since September is :cowboy: and I still want the real thing. BUT I know that I can't weaken for just one, that is how I started all over again after having quit for over 20 years. This last time quitting was a real S O B !!! Hang in there you can do it. :clap:

WP sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. After to have quit smoking you will feel better BTDT. I never smoke cigarettes only a pipe but it was still hard to break the habit, however I did it 28 years ago. So can you. Good Luck. JLP

sorry about your dad.
and i promised my dad that i would never start smoking because i was a pain in his a$$ for about 3 years until he quit.
and congrats for quiting!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, WP. There ain't a day goes by I don't think about my Dad and he's been gone for 15 years.

Smokin'? I quit 8 years ago for five years. Then my best buddy at work was walking through the parking lot one evening on his way home and was struck by lightining. This is a parking lot that has hundreds of grounded light standards and there was another, taller fellow walking right beside Kevin and Kevin was singled out and blown all to heII.

As with most other addictions we look for any excuse. Mine was when your time is up - its up. Nothing you can do to change it. So, I started smokin' again.

Hang in there.

1st off sorry to hear about your dad WP.an congrats on quiting smoking.i know it wont be easy esp when the cravings hitt.i havent had a dipp in 8yrs this aug.an i still get my craving triggered ever now an then.but its not to bad.

yep sorry about your dad,, i quit years ago. but ill admit it was harder too quit chewing tobacco than it was smoking.. good luck

I'm sorry for your loss. Lost my mother in February. Started smoking again during that whole ordeal with the hospice and being in constant stress for four days. I will quit again, though. Too expensive.

Sorry about your dad, but congrats on not smoking.

I had chewed, smoked or dipped for many years of my life. Dipping was definately the hardest thing to stop. In order to stop dipping, I took up smoking again. Quit that 4+ years ago and have been tobacco free since.

You're over the nicotine, but not the habit. It takes a good year to get over the habit of smoking. Every day gets better.

Good luck and don't give in!

Latest posts