I KNOW THE ANGUS BUDDY!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

showing allows you to talk to breeders. this message is to the person who implyed i'm an idiot. I talked to many angus breeders at the show because i was interested at trying the breed at the royal show. he said that the angus can be broken in though it takes time because the angus don't mellow out until they get to about 14 mths. Red angus may be called red angus but they are a totally different breed character all together. so don't tell me i'm an idiot, i do my homework unlike you who goes by assumptions! The best time to break in a show animal is weaning time so if you have it in the yard you can break it in and be able to supervise how he or she is eating. RED ANGUS AND BLACK ANGUS ARE DIFFERENT!

[email protected]

Keep in mind that frequently rather simple questions are asked and there is no way of knowing how knowledgable the poster is. Some folks (like me) aren't particularly tactfull at times. A "grain of salt" goes a long way

dun

> showing allows you to talk to
> breeders. this message is to the
> person who implyed i'm an idiot. I
> talked to many angus breeders at
> the show because i was interested
> at trying the breed at the royal
> show. he said that the angus can
> be broken in though it takes time
> because the angus don't mellow out
> until they get to about 14 mths.
> Red angus may be called red angus
> but they are a totally different
> breed character all together. so
> don't tell me i'm an idiot, i do
> my homework unlike you who goes by
> assumptions! The best time to
> break in a show animal is weaning
> time so if you have it in the yard
> you can break it in and be able to
> supervise how he or she is eating.
> RED ANGUS AND BLACK ANGUS ARE
> DIFFERENT!

Talking to a breeder at a show doesn't mean you "KNOW ANGUS." And don't act like an idiot if you don't want to be labeled an idiot. There's no need to be rude on this board. It might get your post deleted. The American Angus Assn. registered calves sired by 19,000 different bulls last year. So I doubt ANYONE knows all Angus.

> showing allows you to talk to
> breeders. this message is to the
> person who implyed i'm an idiot. I
> talked to many angus breeders at
> the show because i was interested
> at trying the breed at the royal
> show. he said that the angus can
> be broken in though it takes time
> because the angus don't mellow out
> until they get to about 14 mths.
> Red angus may be called red angus
> but they are a totally different
> breed character all together. so
> don't tell me i'm an idiot, i do
> my homework unlike you who goes by
> assumptions! The best time to
> break in a show animal is weaning
> time so if you have it in the yard
> you can break it in and be able to
> supervise how he or she is eating.
> RED ANGUS AND BLACK ANGUS ARE
> DIFFERENT!

[email protected]

my post wasn't offensive honey! of course the angus are different! BUT the person who asked wanted a GENERALIZATION! In my experience with the maines (which are apparently docile) we have had many cattle that are wild. we had one steer NO ONE could break in. Maybe us angus are different to aus angus but from all the DIFFERENT BREEDERS i talked to all said the breed is hard to handle at a young age. Just because every now and again an angus may be tame doesn't mean i'm wrong. the person wanted a generalization so that's what I gave them. Think about that.

[email protected]

Latest posts