I know I've asked before.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
I've been on the boards for a little over a year and a half now, dun's been on since they were created it looks like, how long has everybody else been here? I got bored and looked back through to the beginning and the boards have changed since then, and in some ways not at all, a lot of the same topics over and over again that skew off all over the place.

i was on before it was switched to this new format.

i know several others who were also posting at that time.

Are you trying to get us to tell our ages here?? :D :D I posted probably one of the first half dozen posts when the board first came up. What year was that, Macon? Most of those original posters aren't here anymore. Some early posters that come to mind: Darla (MO) and Linda (UT) both raised Murray Greys, Phil from TN, a lady realtor from Waco who raised Braham (can't remember her name, though). Anyone come up with any more really old timers?

16 Jun 2004, Is when I joined , I had been reading for about a month before.
If you click on the members tab above it will show every one that has joined and when they did.
I was looking at the members , and I was surprised at the ammount that have never posted :roll: :roll:
I wonder if we could do some kind of role call?/ Like everyone decide to log on , on a specified date??

Or is that to much for ya"ll???

I got my computer in feb 2004. Found this great site in march. It already looked like this.

just curiousity, I was here long before the switch, didn't know what to think at first but I've gotten used to it, I like the members and being able to see who's on, it allows me to pester people with PM and know I'll get an answer right back

Frankie":q7aquc8r said:
I posted probably one of the first half dozen posts when the board first came up. What year was that, Macon? Most of those original posters aren't here anymore. Some early posters that come to mind: Darla (MO) and Linda (UT) both raised Murray Greys, Phil from TN, a lady realtor from Waco who raised Braham (can't remember her name, though). Anyone come up with any more really old timers?

First board was setup in Jan 1999. Used the old Matt's WWWBoard script, changed to WebBBS after a couple of years. The new phpBB software was installed Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:29 pm (that's when I registered). Jake registered 3 hours later.

Frankie is been with us since the beginning. People seem to come and then move on, not a lot different than in the registered cattle business. If you want to read some of the messages from 1999 go here:
http://cattletoday.com/wwwboard/beginnersold/
The messages are not available, but you can see the poster's questions. The messages are still on the server but I had to disable the program for security reasons.

Frankie's right, a lot of the same questions are being asked again today. Back then we would only get one or two posts a day. The only messages I don't have are Mylam's. I deleted them all. Kinda' wish I had kept them. He was a piece of work!

i would guess i was here since about a year before the new boards. dont know exactly.

Hey! That "Realtor from Waco that raises Brahmans" would be ME!

Gosh.. I had almost forgotten about Mylam! Remember him and the BEEFALO???

TheBullLady":1i8cunsg said:
Hey! That "Realtor from Waco that raises Brahmans" would be ME!

Gosh.. I had almost forgotten about Mylam! Remember him and the BEEFALO???

Mylum was a piece of work all right. Didn't you have a Brahman bull that was so gentle you could ride or at least set on? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

cherokeeruby":27i4fkef said:
I had a Brahman bull that would let me ride him. BullLady may have also had one but I don't remember seeing her post that.

Brahmans are dog gentle, biggest problem with the breed most are smarter than the people that own them.

It was way before the new format. I still like the old format better. Sorry Gravlee, had to throw that one in there, just for sport.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":wobjd6dm said:
It was way before the new format. I still like the old format better. Sorry Gravlee, had to throw that one in there, just for sport.

Craig-TX

you mean you still haven't come around to the new boards? i really like them.....much preferable to the old ones.

btw Frankie, Linda's still around & posts occasionally.

txag":1pzcz1hn said:
Craig-TX":1pzcz1hn said:

Craig-TX

you mean you still haven't come around to the new boards? i really like them.....much preferable to the old ones.

btw Frankie, Linda's still around & posts occasionally.

Darla died a year or so ago.

dun

I'm sorry to hear about Darla, but now I do remember her being sick. I mostly remember when she'd talk about her Murray Grays all the time and everyone would get mad at her.

Yes indeedie.. I do still have the Brahman that I can ride. He's getting old now.. I'm thinking about 10 or so. I also sold a Brahman bull calf a few years ago to an animal trainer out of California. He's broke to ride and can be seen in the summer at the Wild West show at Six Flags in Arlington.

Showmom.. I primarily have grays, but have a couple of reds and speckled cows as well.

Latest posts