I knew the day would come..

Help Support CattleToday:

angie1

Reaction score
My youngest boy went to a youth hunting doings yesterday and, as a door prize, won a 22. He is more than excited and has started to draw targets on the backs of squirrels. Its only a matter of time. Anybody have a recipe for how to make a squirrel taste like......something we all might like?? I have eaten squirrel because it has been put in front of me, but I have never cooked one.

YOung squirrels just cook like chicken, older ones pressure cook then cook like chicken.

Fried squirrel with gravy :nod: Not much better than that! Add some good biscuits, a couple of glasses of sweet tea and a nap after dinner, and you are talking my version of heaven.

Mom cooked squirrel, used a pressure cooker and made gravy. Was good. Besides you have all those little rib bones to use as toothpicks. :cowboy:

No one cares but :shock: MN has a season on squirrels :nod: Second Sat in Sept- about Feb. :???:

angie":130uofhh said:
My youngest boy went to a youth hunting doings yesterday and, as a door prize, won a 22. He is more than excited and has started to draw targets on the backs of squirrels. Its only a matter of time. Anybody have a recipe for how to make a squirrel taste like......something we all might like?? I have eaten squirrel because it has been put in front of me, but I have never cooked one.

Send the boy this way! The hounds spend most of their days braying at the pesky things up in the trees, he would have a field day and those red squirrels are fast devils, which will help with his marksmanship. :nod:

As to cooking them, toss them in the garbage and put some chicken on, he will not know the diff. :D

MistyMorning":2pk32n1c said:
As to cooking them, toss them in the garbage and put some chicken on, he will not know the diff. :D

Sounds like a good decision to me. :nod: :lol:

MistyMorning":nim8nixq said:
Send the boy this way! The hounds spend most of their days braying at the pesky things up in the trees, he would have a field day and those red squirrels are fast devils, which will help with his marksmanship. :nod:

As to his marksmanship ~ you might want to pen the cattle and the nag inside! :help: He is doing all the odd jobs he can think of to earn money for more bullets. He sold me his gift certificates! :lol2:

As to the chicken fake........that has some merit to it to be sure, but he is doing the cooking. :nod:

Mnmt ~ I didn't know Mn had a squirrel season! :oops: All the hunters I know are very ethical, but seem to have forgotten about the season thingy on squirrels... :roll:

Latest posts