I I thought it was calves stealing milk

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":2no3neai said:
I can't afford a colostrum thief

Neither can I! We calve out the heifers in the barn and just busted one of the heifers sucking on one that's due to calve in 2 days. What the??? One reason we separate the heifers during calving is so they don't let other calves rob but this is a first for me. Separated the heifer due to calve first in a smaller section by herself and will definitely have to keep an eye on the other. :mad:

TCRanch":2yzf44e3 said:
Caustic Burno":2yzf44e3 said:

Neither can I! We calve out the heifers in the barn and just busted one of the heifers sucking on one that's due to calve in 2 days. What the??? One reason we separate the heifers during calving is so they don't let other calves rob but this is a first for me. Separated the heifer due to calve first in a smaller section by herself and will definitely have to keep an eye on the other. :mad:
Heifers have a long list of offenses,this 1more to add :bang:

dun":31zdshmz said:
ddd75":31zdshmz said:
i know in ky they all told me to watch the ponds b/c a certain snake would latch on to the tits and suck the milk.
Same category as hoop snakes that grab their tails and roll away like a wheel.
I'm not a beer drinker, but did you know they make Hoop Snake beer (I think in TX)? That's probably the beverage of choice when sighting a hoop snake :lol:

reeler":3qlahe8o said:
TCRanch":3qlahe8o said:
Caustic Burno":3qlahe8o said:

Heifers have a long list of offenses,this 1more to add :bang:

Went down to check at 1:00 this morning & she already had it - and it was nursing. Fortunately the other heifer only got one quarter before we busted her so this calf should be fine. But still . . . . agreed, :bang: