I hope she made it...

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
I was driving home yesterday evening in the right lane on Highway 6, with my cruise control set on 70. Even with the windows up and the radio on (Texas Country, 105.3), I heard something that sounded like a bad tire as I was being passed on the left. Sure enough, here came a lady driving a fancy new pickup pulling an equally fancy gooseneck horse trailer. The front right tire on the trailer was obviously flat, and just after she passed me it started throwing rubber off. I got behind her and flashed my lights repeatedly, then accelerated to get in front of her, rolled down my window, stuck my arm out and waved it up and down with my hand flat, and slowly pulled over onto the shoulder hoping she'd get the message and pull in behind me so I could let her know. She pulled around and went on by. So I pulled back out on the road and pulled up beside her with my passenger side window open. She sat there staring straight ahead, with her left hand on the wheel and her right one holding her phone up to her ear. I was at my turn, so I gave up and went home. I hope she made it to where she was going without the other tire blowing and causing an accident, and I hope I didn't scare her.

Several weeks ago I was driving down a dirt road after a rain and some guys came barreling past me in their pickup throwing up mud and having a grand time. Within a mile I found them off in the swamp after they hit a patch of red clay. I just waved and eased on by. I think, sometimes its best for stupidity to be as painful as possible.

Couple weeks ago, I was hauling two cows in a pull behind trailer. A trucker went by me in the left lane on I-64 in Illinois. He opened his horn and let it blast all the way by me. As soon as I could, I pulled over and checked everything. No flat tires, nothing hanging down or open. I thought I was in my lane and driving carefully. I have not figured out what that was about.

All I know is if I was a lady and a guy that looked like me was trying to wave me to the side of the road I'd keep my eyes on the road and not pull over.

slick4591":3slzpzcj said:
All I know is if I was a lady and a guy that looked like me was trying to wave me to the side of the road I'd keep my eyes on the road and not pull over.

I understand. That's why I said I hope I didn't scare her.

slick4591":3c9eo7qj said:

That there is funny.

slick4591":31djajht said:

True: when dad was about 86, he saw a nice looking woman on the side of the road with a flat tire. I ask, what did you do?

He said, I drove on by.

I said, Dad, that is not like you. You always helped anyone.

He said, I know, but who knows what might happen, a man helping a woman all alone. She might claim I tried to do something to her. You never know what she may say I tried to do.

I said Dad, if you tried doing something at your age, I think most people would be more surprised than offended.

It's really sad when your scared to stop and help someone. I changed a tire for a beautiful young lady on I-10 last month heading to a family reunion. I pulled up beside her and told her that her rear tire was almost flat and to my surprise she pulled over. We had a good chat and I told her she needs to carry a pistol and learn how to use it.

Jogeephus":6sp5c2w6 said:
Several weeks ago I was driving down a dirt road after a rain and some guys came barreling past me in their pickup throwing up mud and having a grand time. Within a mile I found them off in the swamp after they hit a patch of red clay. I just waved and eased on by. I think, sometimes its best for stupidity to be as painful as possible.

A couple of winters ago I was going through town with my snowplow on my truck. I had the window partially down and driving slow. I heard someone yell. I didn't see anyone so I went around the block, got out and checked everything. When I pulled out again I heard the yelling. I pulled over and on the corner was a dentist office with two young guys with shovels clearing snow. Before I asked them what they were yelling for, they asked me to clean the parking lot, and that they were serving community service time and wanted me to help.

I kindly told them it looks like they are doing good work, and I wouldn't want to take away their opportunity to serve the community, and drove off. By their language and actions as I left indicated they need more community service work!

Craig Miller":oahw8lok said:
She was probably on the phone with the sheriff's office reporting you for trying to run her off the road.

Maybe so. I hope they came to help her and told her she had a blow-out.

Latest posts