I heard the calling

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Once a year every year I hear the calling. Red lobster has their all you can eat shrimp. Wife forgets about her diet, teenage daughter and son get to finally eat what the bill is worth.
I think tonight I ate 9 dozen Skrimps. I lost count after the 8th plate.
I do love me some shrimp. Bubba Gump and I would have gotten along well

Been eating shrimp and fish the last 4 nights. Left our fishing boat in Larose La. Wednesday so we would miss the storm, but that didn't work out so well. Hook shrimp is our favorite, but the family is ready for steak night.

hooknline":2a2us3ek said:
Once a year every year I hear the calling. Red lobster has their all you can eat shrimp. Wife forgets about her diet, teenage daughter and son get to finally eat what the bill is worth.

You need to trade Barney in for Bubba :clap:

Ouachita":2d1jvx4d said:
hooknline":2d1jvx4d said:

You need to trade Barney in for Bubba :clap:
Hmmm, you may be onto something there. :lol:
Highgrit, I sure hope the boat rides it out ok. Shrimp is one of my true loves. It matches perfectly with good beef, or by itself it's a wonderful morsel. I can't catch it or buy it, then cook it for what they feed us for. 16 bucks a piece.

You come on to a cattle discussion board and talk about eating shrimp? Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw years ago up in Canada. It said, "This is Cattle Country, Eat Beef Darn It." Ok, it didn't say "darn" but you get the picture.

If mr geephus can talk about organic basil that he will never eat I think it's ok to talk about shrimp. :cowboy:

hooknline":1akqqygi said:
If mr geephus can talk about organic basil that he will never eat I think it's ok to talk about shrimp. :cowboy:
At least your down there where they are. Nothing like seeing a sign reading "Fresh Gulf Shrimp" in Portales, NM. :lol: Or "genuine home style mexican food" in Maine.

I don't care. They tasted good, I didn't have I catch em or cook em and the price was good. My tp bill is going up though I think

slick4591":3bv6vn73 said:
I don't think Red Lobster serves fresh gulf shrimp. Last time I checked they were farm raised from Asia.
Bangladesh, I've heard....and you better order Maine lobster if you want lobster or you'll just get one of those big ass crawfish..rock lobster I think they call them...not nearly as good as teh real thing.

Langoustine lobster inthinknoure talking about tb. They're just huge shrimp.
I much prefer the spiny lobster that we can catch ourselves diving.
The other one is the slipper lobster and they look exactly like a giant roach. I don't care for those at all

hooknline":1tca8272 said:
Langoustine lobster inthinknoure talking about tb. They're just huge shrimp.
I much prefer the spiny lobster that we can catch ourselves diving.
The other one is the slipper lobster and they look exactly like a giant roach. I don't care for those at all
Spiny is it....but still not nearly as sweet as the Maine Lobster. Saw a boy spearing them in Belize a few years ago...in the process he nearly lost an arm to a barracuda.

Dang cudas. They bother me more than the sharks. I was in the islands free diving for conch and had a 4ft er stalking me. You can only use a Hawaiian sling in the Bahamas. No actual spear guns. I was carry a sling just in case I saw a shooter grouper or mutton snapper. I used it on the cuda instead. The locals love em but here in the states they can carry a particularly nasty poison called ciguatera that they get from eating reef fish. Long story we got the boat washed , fish cleaned, conch cleaned in exchange for that one cuda. There's some other stories associated with cleaning conch that ate better left told in person though

Here's a fish story for ya. When I was younger I could free dive fairly well. We were diving north of memory rock shooting hogfish. Back then they were dumb, I shot 4 on 1 breath. You could get so close that the shaft would not leave the shooter. In the old days it was legal to shoot green and loggerhead turtles in the Bahamas. Some good eating.

You must be 100 years old because the hogfish don't let you get that close anymore :mad:

you just cant beat red lobster.i rarely get to go but when i do i order the big lobster an shrimp plater.an when im done the plate is clean.

TexasBred":2s97obeg said:
hooknline":2s97obeg said:
At least your down there where they are. Nothing like seeing a sign reading "Fresh Gulf Shrimp" in Portales, NM. :lol: Or "genuine home style mexican food" in Maine.
everybody talked about how good the hamburgers were at our mexican resturant here,, so i tried one :yuck: the owner ask how i liked it... i wasnt rude but pretty much told him i didnt. he said, well we do specialize in mexican food :cowboy:

Latest posts