I have to vent...

Help Support CattleToday:

mitch2

Reaction score
I am not used to this weather... it is driving me INSANE, I swear. I think we have only had 3 or 4 days with sun this month. Drizzling rain for the other days of the month, at the very best just overcast. The ground is so saturated, crops are at a standstill.

Weather people say we are to get sun tomorrow, then the overcast/rainy days are to continue to Nov 3rd....I want to cry.

Please there are others that need this rain.... if everyone would take a deep breath where it is needed maybe you can get this system sucked away from us!!!

On the brighter side hubby is working OT like CRAZY because of all this darn weather, oh wait....I'm not supposed to be happy that he is gone alot. Dang, I always forget that one ;-)

Michele

I am with you. It was cloudy for several days in a row and I really hate that. I am ready for the crisp cool fall weather. It was 48 degrees here this morning and it will be 85 this afternoon. Heater in the car this morning, AC in the car this afternoon. It was really nice sleeping with the windows open, though. Too much cloudy weather is depressing! :(

Lammie - remember last year and the year before when we had no clouds and no rain???

jw":15g2gou5 said:
Lammie - remember last year and the year before when we had no clouds and no rain???

Sure do! In my world, it will rain on schedule once a week for two hours.

Outrigger2":1frup41p said:
send to Ga. got 3/4'' so far. its a start

Yeah, it began raining yesterday and is still raining. I went from going 90 mph to zilch. I just came home cause I can't do anything and afterall, its sleeping weather. No sense in wasting this kinda weather on work. :D Now if I could just find my jammies. :lol:

Yeah it rained up here for six days almost straight. Finally yesterday it was nice and sunny and about 70, then today cloudy again and cold, wind blowing 30 mph. There is a spot in our lot that is almost over my knee boots because of all of the rain. Harvest is stopped, but there was a couple of guys going yesterday late afternoon. My pasture is flooded and our ponds are almost bank full. We will have plenty of soil moisture come spring. We do need to get some more fence put in the lots before we can bring horses out of pasture and it's hard to put in wood posts when there is standing water in the way. :(

We have SUN today, and the first frost of October....Can you believe it?? Ok, our avg 1st frost date is Sep 15th to put things in perspective for you southern folk :) . I think we actually had a minor frost right about then, and not another until last night. Trees are about done, but it has been so overcast pics would suck. So today, I am going to try to get some, as the trees are GORGEOUS this year! Very vibrant due to lack of moisture this summer apparently.

Michele

Latest posts