i have a pretty cool husband

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
And he is. Some of you saw our flood pics of last summer and the wet heavy snow and then the flood pics of the spring. Any ways, hubby had the four wheeler floating at times. What is a person to do, water everywhere.
The starter eventually failed after ploughing through thick heavy snow. No matter the weather still have to check cattle at calving. When the starter failed, we used the pull cord. Thankfully it was an easy pull. The problem was every time you pulled the cord, oil everywhere. On the clean farm clothes, all over the bike, the bike windshield, the dog...
Hubby thought for some strange reason that there was a small bit of oil in there to help it start more easily. After a few weeks it started to splash more. I could tell he was getting nervous but kept passing the same line...easy to start.
See we have only 1 four wheeler. And it's calving time. The only way out there is with the tractor or the bike. At one point the tractor stayed with the cows cause even it could not come home without gettting stuck.
As the days progress, he gets more worried. Would that last cow just up and calve already. She did on Saturday last week. On Monday, on the phone to the bike dealership to get a few tips, and starts to rip the bike apart. Unfortunately, going through all that water, blew a seal in the motor, allowing oil into the starter and into the recoil housing.
My hubby is so cool. He takes things apart, fixes them and puts them back together. Does a pretty good job too. Engines on tractors, transmissions, bikes, implements, and the list goes on.

He fixed our work horse, it works well and did a good job.

He also drives school bus casually. Today he took a trip to the city. He's also pretty cool cause he brought me home flowers, nice ones too. :D

rockridgecattle":28w4187a said:
And he is. Some of you saw our flood pics of last summer and the wet heavy snow and then the flood pics of the spring. Any ways, hubby had the four wheeler floating at times. What is a person to do, water everywhere.
The starter eventually failed after ploughing through thick heavy snow. No matter the weather still have to check cattle at calving. When the starter failed, we used the pull cord. Thankfully it was an easy pull. The problem was every time you pulled the cord, oil everywhere. On the clean farm clothes, all over the bike, the bike windshield, the dog...
Hubby thought for some strange reason that there was a small bit of oil in there to help it start more easily. After a few weeks it started to splash more. I could tell he was getting nervous but kept passing the same line...easy to start.
See we have only 1 four wheeler. And it's calving time. The only way out there is with the tractor or the bike. At one point the tractor stayed with the cows cause even it could not come home without gettting stuck.
As the days progress, he gets more worried. Would that last cow just up and calve already. She did on Saturday last week. On Monday, on the phone to the bike dealership to get a few tips, and starts to rip the bike apart. Unfortunately, going through all that water, blew a seal in the motor, allowing oil into the starter and into the recoil housing.
My hubby is so cool. He takes things apart, fixes them and puts them back together. Does a pretty good job too. Engines on tractors, transmissions, bikes, implements, and the list goes on.

He fixed our work horse, it works well and did a good job.

He also drives school bus casually. Today he took a trip to the city. He's also pretty cool cause he brought me home flowers, nice ones too. :D

And it could be that he has someone by his side who appreciates all these things and makes him happy to do them.

Cal

He also drives school bus casually. Today he took a trip to the city. He's also pretty cool cause he brought me home flowers, nice ones too.

Wonder what he did in the city that made him feel THAT guilty?

KNERSIE":3b1yo959 said:
He also drives school bus casually. Today he took a trip to the city. He's also pretty cool cause he brought me home flowers, nice ones too.

Wonder what he did in the city that made him feel THAT guilty?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rockridgecattle":378a2rb7 said:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Not to much you can do when you are driving a bus load of kids around

At least that's his story and I bet he is sticking to it.

he sure is a good hubby to take time an find out how to fix the wheeler.an get it fixed an up an running.an then bring you flowers.

I'm always fixin things but all I get is "why the heII did you do it that way" or "why don't you do it this way". But then I usually don't bring flowers home either. I think it works both ways.

rockridgecattle":3h0n924m said:
On the clean farm clothes, all over the bike, the bike windshield, the dog...

I thought "clean" farm clothes was just a legend, or a myth. Never knew they existed.

CattleHand":2p5y4m5a said:
rockridgecattle":2p5y4m5a said:
On the clean farm clothes, all over the bike, the bike windshield, the dog...

I thought "clean" farm clothes was just a legend, or a myth. Never knew they existed.
They were once clean, when they came from the store. :p But they probably weren't farm clothes then either.

I reckon you could say I have a pretty cool wife. She heard me hollering and came to jack the gooseneck trailer up the other day when it slammed down on my hand, pinning me to the truck. But come to think of it, it was her truck and trailer...

Clean farm clothes are hard to come by. But during calving season, I am very particular on clean clothes to prevent sickness. This evening hubby and i went on a date. We went south and bought a used rad for the bible camp's truck he is fixing and then we went further south, not quite to the bright lights of Winnipeg and bought a bull. He is to be delivered in a couple of weeks.
Flowers and a date all in one week...what's a girl to do...bake him a saskatoon pie.

17 years ago, I never thought i would call bull buyin' or shopping for a bull a date...how times change. :lol2:

Latest posts