i hate neighbors

Help Support CattleToday:

I thought they were dogs from next door, as I wouldn't care I would put up a fence if I didn't want them in my yard. I'd ask around if they belonged to anyone and If they are strays is there not a dog warden you could call?, and take them to the pound. If you don't want to kill them. be careful with poison as you could kill the wrong things by putting it out at night, and if it gets knocked onto the ground it could seep into it and cause more trouble than you want, with children and your own dogs around.

chrisy":2pliwsez said:
I thought they were dogs from next door, as I wouldn't care I would put up a fence if I didn't want them in my yard. I'd ask around if they belonged to anyone and If they are strays is there not a dog warden you could call?, and take them to the pound.........

It doesn't matter if they are from next door or not, if they are causing problems thier owners should be responsible for them. As far as putting a fence up to keep them out, that's a bad idea. I tried that several years ago and it didn't stop them. Maybe I'm being narow minded, but I get upset when dogs jump up on the side of my pickup when they're just having fun chasing the cats.

I'll ask the question: why should I have to spend money on a fence to keep them off of our property, away from our cats and not to mention the things the dogs drug off? That is a no brainer in my opinion. I spoke with the owners and was told, "my dog didn't do that." :eek: :deadhorse:

Last summer I saw a young boy peddling as fast as he could with three pit bulls on his rear. I pulled in behind them and they broke off. I talked with the boy's father and for some reason he didn't want to call the sherrif so I did. I was told that they couldn't do anything about it and suggested that I SSS. DUH!

It doesn't matter if they are from next door or not, if they are causing problems thier owners should be responsible for them. As far as putting a fence up to keep them out, that's a bad idea. I tried that several years ago and it didn't stop them. Maybe I'm being narow minded, but I get upset when dogs jump up on the side of my pickup when they're just having fun chasing the cats./quote]

I understand your point about the money side of it, but they are not responsible people as they would have done something about it, so that is why I would fix the fence so that they can't get on my property and terrorise my cat or me. If the fence didn't work then maybe I would think of more drastic action, as in this Country we are not allowed to shoot them unless we are farmers and have a gun licence for shooting an animal that is worrying our farm animals, I would have to call the R.S.P.C.A for help in catching them, and then they would prosecute the owners for neglect. That can involve a custodial sentence, a heavy fine and ban from owing animals in the future.

Latest posts