i hate it when

Help Support CattleToday:

Note to self: self, next time you shoot 2 coons and a possum, throw them deeper in the woods or bury them. Because in 85 degree weather, the smell can reach the house

There's too much cow shyt cologne out there for them to worry bout a lowly coon

My first hens were killed by coons. I found them when the rabbits started screaming as the coons were after them. I have also had coyotes get the chickens when they were running loose. Another problem I found was a weasel. It was getting them in the pen. I did have a chicken killing dog of my own (got rid of him). Latest problem was a little chihuahua from the frame behind me. It could slip in the fence and chase (and kill) them and my dogs could not get in there to stop it. I caught it one day and went to the neighbor and they paid for the dead chickens. I guess the $$ helped keep it at home because it has not been back.

Animal Track Farm":3nw9f72z said:
My first hens were killed by coons. I found them when the rabbits started screaming as the coons were after them. I have also had coyotes get the chickens when they were running loose. Another problem I found was a weasel. It was getting them in the pen. I did have a chicken killing dog of my own (got rid of him). Latest problem was a little chihuahua from the frame behind me. It could slip in the fence and chase (and kill) them and my dogs could not get in there to stop it. I caught it one day and went to the neighbor and they paid for the dead chickens. I guess the $$ helped keep it at home because it has not been back.

Everybody likes chicken.

Score so far: 2 coons and 2 possums...all right next to the coop. A trap sure beats sitting up all night with a spotlight and rifle

hooknline":209u9f93 said:
Note to self: self, next time you shoot 2 coons and a possum, throw them deeper in the woods or bury them. Because in 85 degree weather, the smell can reach the house

:mad: YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2mgukrkr said:
hooknline":2mgukrkr said:
Score so far: 2 coons and 2 possums...all right next to the coop. A trap sure beats sitting up all night with a spotlight and rifle

You forgot the "beer".
Wasn't that a given??

hooknline":39x2wa2n said:
TexasBred":39x2wa2n said:
hooknline":39x2wa2n said:

You forgot the "beer".
Wasn't that a given??

lolol, bet you still haven't told the wife you got a trap out. :banana:

She's the one that checks it a resets it..I'm just the trigger and disposal man

yall should be eatin them critters..if'n ya aint im sure there are some old timers would like to cook em up some coon...not much on tree rat but some are

5 coons and 6 possums, all right against the coop..no wonder we were losing so many chickens. Wife got 8 more pullets this weekend...we'll see how long these last. Looks like as long as we keep the trap set, the chickens should be safe(r)

I am not coming this time of the year because of the snakes and gators but i would be glad to help reduce the coon population when cold weather gets here.