I hate it when people brag!

Help Support CattleToday:

Iso I emptied a clip on a 22 rifle on a stray cat the other afternoon about 30 yards away from me....never cut a hair but had him hauling a$$. :drink:

TexasBred":2qegyjln said:
Iso I emptied a clip on a 22 rifle on a stray cat the other afternoon about 30 yards away from me....never cut a hair but had him hauling a$$. :drink:

Pick up shotgun with a load of 4's and cat problem is solved. I got a dog hitting the trash barrel about 4 every morning.
Got the 16 by the back door. We are going to start out with an educational load first.
If this doesn't deter his obsession with my trash barrel we are going to move to a load of Number 1 Buck followed by double aught.

Sometimes luck is much better than skill. The last coyote I killed was at a range finder measured 342 yards and running wide open with a scoped .30-30. I just never told anyone that that was my 7th and last round in the rifle, and my first shot was a broadside shot at 50 yards standing still. After the 4th miss the darn thing quit running and looked back at me as if to say 'can't you do any better than that?"

CLINTE1.gif
well done Iso...

My wife and I bowled on a league years ago. There was a guy there that had about a 220 average. Anyway, one night I had one of my usual splits to try and pick up, it wasn't the 7-10 but the next one up. I rolled the ball and it went just perfect and I picked up the split. So this guy with the 220 average comes running across the lanes shaking my hand telling me what a great job I'd done, I turned to him and said " look, I bowl a 145 average, it was just luck", but for that moment in time I was the best bowler in there, until I rolled the next ball :lol: . What I'm trying to say is you take the good with the bad, this makes up for some of the times you got screwed on a deal. I say it counts as good :tiphat: .

Larry

3waycross":2g4qb89e said:
I am sure a lot of us would like to be there. What do ya need shot?
Whatever it is I'll guarantee you we can get it done...............

If you'll just give us an unlimited supply of bullets and chances at the intended target. :lol:

Carlos D.":bfiskuab said:
coyotes----they got half my chickens ------their numbers have sky rocketed ---we don't have many young people hunting anymore
They are hunting but not for the things they used to. More in the way of how to get a pair of trainers or wide screen TV's for nothing. :mad:

Carlos, it could be worse than chickens. I think I've have a big cat snacking on my smaller calves. I've come up with another one missing that was two months old.

Fly-guy":pja0d7q6 said:
Carlos, it could be worse than chickens. I think I've have a big cat snacking on my smaller calves. I've come up with another one missing that was two months old.
What part of the state are you in? I have seen a mountain lion with my own eyes here, in South Central Ok.

I don't know why, but i can nail a starling or robin in the noggin at 50 with an open sight on a 22, but I can't get a crow at that distance

I need to sight in our 308, it's WAY off, my dad got lucky with it shooting a bear though, he aimed for a lung shot at about 60 yds, and hit it in the jugular, it dropped like a rock and didn't even flinch.. he now knows it goes low and to the right though

Nesikep":2f9q08bw said:
I don't know why, but i can nail a starling or robin in the noggin at 50 with an open sight on a 22, but I can't get a crow at that distance
I need to sight in our 308, it's WAY off, my dad got lucky with it shooting a bear though, he aimed for a lung shot at about 60 yds, and hit it in the jugular, it dropped like a rock and didn't even flinch.. he now knows it goes low and to the right though

That's because they are VERY BAD MEDICINE. I hate em but you won't catch me shooting at one. No Ravens either.

My luck must have changed this week, got 2 crows... I don't shoot ravens, we just have one pair here and we like them, they never bother calves or anything, but when there are 300 crows, I sure wish I had a 12 ga... be a little more effective

Latest posts