i hate cows.

Help Support CattleToday:

Mickey's Malt has Colt 45 (and all other malts) beat all to pieces.

Beefy, have you given any thought to what kind of cows you're going to re-stock with?

Beefy":nrht4rit said:
Yeah thats right, they are all salebarn bound! i'm going to sell them all

Beefy, I understand that this just might seem like the wrong time to ask and I would certainly HATE to seem like a piranha.....you understand, it's just business........

With that said:

Now how many head are we talking about? Could we possibly get a list of the breeds and maybe, if it's not asking too much....some photographs? And exactly which salebarn will you be taking them to? :lol:

Seriously, what's the story? What did they do now?

hmm, horses are the one's I hate. They'll tear up a barb or barless or netwire fence before you complete it. They tear
anything & everything up! D*mn horses I'll never have one.

Beefy, whatever it was that put you over the edge, I hope it wasn't the result of major (or any) bodily harm to yourself or anyone else.

What happened?

Katherine

I had one Friday I would've broke an ax handle over the head of if I'd a gotten near her. One near term heifer sucking another near term heifer, with milk drooling off her chin. I didn't know which one to go after. I gave chase with a fiberglass sorting stick and got in two good blows. Lucky I didn't have a stroke.

ga. prime":13vwek5w said:
One near term heifer sucking another near term heifer, with milk drooling off her chin. I didn't know which one to go after.

I think I would have had the rat-shot loaded in the 22, and all 10 shots would have been fired.

Katherine

I usually go to town and buy a lottery ticket when they tick me off that bad. Then I can imagine how I'm going to shoot them right where they stand with my new rifle and bury them with my new backhoe.

jkwilson":vhlxksus said:
I usually go to town and buy a lottery ticket when they tick me off that bad. Then I can imagine how I'm going to shoot them right where they stand with my new rifle and bury them with my new backhoe.

;-) That is a great idea.

Victoria":1rseavbd said:
My vet once told me that anyone dealing wth cattle should never carry a loaded gun with them or they would end up having far fewer cows. I agree, there have been times that if I had had a gun with me....

Hope all is well and no one is hurt, cows included.

Usually by the time I walk to the truck/house to get the gun, I calm down enough to realize the dollar amount attached to said cow's head, or lack thereof.

Hope all's well.

cfpinz

McPherson Fencing":2am41q9x said:
hmm, horses are the one's I hate. They'll tear up a barb or barless or netwire fence before you complete it. They tear anything & everything up! D*mn horses I'll never have one.

My neighbor got a wild nutso horse. The last time I had to go catch it down the road, I put a 100 foot nylon rope on it when I let it out of the trailer. That thing moved the trailer 3 feet when it hit the end of that rope. A complete forward flip with the nylon dragging it back like a rubber band. It was a terrible sight to see - and I enjoyed every second of it and was hoping - nevermind. That horse never broke away again.

I wonder if that rope coil is still around somewhere. Maybe I will try that on the next wild cow I come home with.

Well...since Beefy hasn't replied with any "details" about his "event", I hope everything ended up ok!

Otherwise, hope Beefy wasn't laying one on us...with a "Gotcha!" in a few days...

Apparently he was "ok" since he posted the topic in the first place...

:)

It's called blowing off steam and God bless Beefy for saying what we all think from time to time. Maybe a little time spent looking at all those fabulous pictures he has taken would help.

Who hasn't gotten just plain sick of cows!! Lets face it, sometimes i think they are the dumbest animals in the world, like my friend told me once, everytime a cow blinks, it's a new day.

GMn

Dave":b53msbgd said:
It is a fact that a cow is the dumbest animal on earth.

But it is amazing how often they out smart cowboys.

Cattle are cattle, 24/7/365. Most of us work a little (just a little) less than that. Cattle spend their time browsing for open gates, downed fences, remote places to deliver calves, cisterns to fall into, creek banks to deliver calves, poisonous plants, space aliens, etc.

Dave":23ee4tzu said:
It is a fact that a cow is the dumbest animal on earth.

But it is amazing how often they out smart cowboys.

its not too hard to believe that cattle could be the dumbest on earth but think of something like a turkey...they can drawn in a down pour :help:

cowboyup216":29sndv9h said:
Im starting to wonder now that we havent heard back from beefy. I sincerely hope all is well with him.
maybe he is just to busy to check in.but im beginning to think he really took all his cows to the sale an quit all togather.