I Hate Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Been putting going out as long as I can. :help:
freez.gif

Now I got to go tend to the cattle. -32 here this morning, it's warmed up to -20.
snow_fight.gif

mnmtranching":31xs99tk said:
freez.gif

Now I got to go tend to the cattle. -32 here this morning, it's warmed up to -20.
snow_fight.gif

about the same weather here,but on the good side thur morning i get to leave for miami, florida,the average temp for there in jan is 76 :banana:

wow that is cold, i was whinning about here this morning it was about 18 i guess were gonna get a big storm comming.. fun fun, one of them Yankee snows, north eastern ers comming our way,
and when is spring?

-41C here this morning. Has now warmed up to -26C. Glad to be done feeding for the next couple of days. Supposed to warm up this weekend. Yearlings were having a good old time chasing each other around today. :cowboy:

We got hit with Chinook winds this morning (30 gusting to 40mph) and the temp took off UP :D It was around 40 all day- altho the wind howled...If this would keep up for a couple of days- the way our snow is drifted- we'd have a lot of grass and bare areas showing up so the old cows could go back grazing- and I could cut back feeding to 15-20 lbs of hay a day......

But the weather boys say this is just a teaser :devil2: - and the temps are supposed to drop below 0 tonight and stay there for a couple of days...This is supposed to be followed by a Pacific Front about Friday- and temps for the weekend in the tropical range for January- 30's and 40's :D :D :D

I guess you get accustomed to the cold or learn how to deal with it, but I honestly don't see how you stand it.

It's predicted to be 16 degrees here Friday night in South GA. We haven't had cold like that in years.

Must be that global warming thing-e............

Death Valley... I have lived in one of the hottest spots in the Country... But I can honestly say that I have not lived anywhere close to one of the coldest spots in our Country... (At least not the part of Montana that I live in) And that's okay with me.... I will be content to listen to all the stories about sub-zero temperatures (Below 0) and enjoy sub-freezing (Below 32)...
Oooops... Got to start a fire for the wife...

mnmtranching":2ucjss9n said:
freez.gif

snow_fight.gif

I so hear you! This morning was dread full. The school bus was so cold and the poor cows look white rather than black. The radio station stated that tonight -41 including wind
tomorow night - 46 wind included
next night -49 with the wind
I should edit, that the winds are suppose to be light, but just breathing increases the wind chill s so i am suspecting close to -40 no wind

Hubby cringed when he heard these

now thats just downright nasty cold.my old bones would freeze up as soon as i walked out in that mess.

MistyMorning":35c40yzz said:
We had -34 this am no wind, "they" say the worst is supposed to come tomorrow night. :shock:
And yet you continue to live there.

backhoeboogie":36y06gee said:
Ducks have the right idea.

So do all of those "Canadian" geese that we are so blessed with this time of year. Seems that everybody is trying to get away from that cold.

So much for global warming..............

Our oldest son is in Corpus Christi. They have issued FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight down there!

I think its funny. He was laughing at us a few weeks back when he was 60 degrees warmer than us.

I bet we can deal with zero better than they can with 32. :D :D :D

Tommy Ruyle":1wp7df8o said:
Our oldest son is in Corpus Christi. They have issued FREEZE WARNINGS for tonight down there!

I think its funny. He was laughing at us a few weeks back when he was 60 degrees warmer than us.

But he'll only have to deal with it occasioanlly and for short periods, not the whole winter

Tommy Ruyle":1ouynkdc said:

I think you are right. They are calling for 17 here Friday and its the talk of the town. We are freaking out since none of our water lines have insulation. Its going to be a mess and we probably are going to need to be baled out.

Latest posts