I hate change

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
But H.E.B has decided to redo the whole store! :cry2: They're handing out lists to show where stuff has been moved to,and a person to show where that elusive can of green beans has taken off to,but I hate change! Gonna take me weeks to figger out where things are :frowns:

i hear you there.i hate walking all over the store trying to find something when its been moved.but youll get used to it.

They did that at the HEB in Cleburne several weeks ago and I'm still not used to it. They have had the same layout since I moved to Johnson County in 1996. I don't know why they do that. I've shopped pretty much exclusively there that whole time.

They shift things around because some "Corporate Wonder Child" came up with an idea to increase movement through the store so each aisle has more "exposure time" and customers stay longer in the store while searching.

It's all about "Merchandising" (aka making people hunt for stuff and creating more impulse purchases).

Otherwise, why do you find coffee filters in the pet food section? Sodapop next to the detergents? Bacon 100 feet from eggs and butter?

Also, "companion" products next to each other in some cases (e.g., sugar next to coffee and tea, vanilla wafers next to bananas, etc.)

Also, major more expensive brands put at eye level with cheaper brands low on the shelf...

The "changes" also increase customer purchases for those confused shoppers (without a list) that wander down every aisle, contemplating every item, every shelf, etc. It becomes a "Treasure Hunt" which results in higher $$ at the checkout stand...

In our local HEB, they're dropping a lot of name brand stuff and just stocking their own house brands. HEB coffee has the same label as Folgers, except for the name, and 34.5 ounces costs a lot less then 27 ounces of Folgers. Plus it comes in a tin can..........

They have a lady with a touch of OCD cleaning shelves and checking sell by dates. She found her perfect job. :D See,I worked there for more than 12 years until I got this cancer,so I know how some of it works. :???:
The aisles will be taken in a foot! They will still be wide,just not so much. :? It's quite a mess :frowns:

I don't think I have been in an HEB more than once or twice and it was years ago when they first moved into the area. Used to live where their was a Safeway 2 blocks away then Super-Walmart opened 2 blocks in the other direction. Just never found enough reason to drive several miles to get to an HEB or any other store for that matter.

But I do hate narrow ailse and the floor displays that take even more space out of the aisle.

Go there on a Saturday night. Family city, and large families, I might add. Not to mention large people in the scooters. Funny they can walk in the store but then plop their hineys in a Rascal and shop. I know that some folks really need them but I suspect that not everyone does. Or folks that will leave the buggies in the middle of the aisle and make it impossible to get around them or their herd of kids.

HEB is a real good place to people watch. I have seen it all in there. Wal Mart is better but you have to cover more territory. At the HEB you can just stand and watch them go by...

Cleburne has a Kroger, Albertson's and Wallie World, but I prefer the HEB. I like the folks that work there and I like their prices. I buy a lot of Hill Country Fare stuff. I'm the off brand queen.

i love change! i'll roll it all day long or until i run out of penny wraps (which usually happens first).

It's pronounced H-----E----B Not Heb.. Texas privetly owned chain. They do some good things,scolorships and such..They were good to me on a corprate level,but it's local that'll backstab.

Latest posts