I Hate A Thief!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC":3p6ze1z6 said:
Update- Got a call from the investigator assigned to my trailer theft.

He said I would never get it back. There have been around 40 trailers stolen in the county this year and they have only found one because it had a flat and was abandoned.

These folks are taking these trailers to a shop somewhere, removing the wheels and tires, removing the axles, and cutting them up for scrap.

He said someone had a brand new 32 foot gooseneck stolen this weekend just south of me. They found it in the scrapyard Monday afternoon.

Of course the scrap folks don't remember who brought it in.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That isn't a scrap yard. It's a chop shop. Those scrapyards know a buck. When someone is willing to sell a new gooseneck for scrap price they know what is going on. Or did they buy it as a working piece?

john250":2h8zcz6p said:
MikeC":2h8zcz6p said:

He said I would never get it back. There have been around 40 trailers stolen in the county this year and they have only found one because it had a flat and was abandoned.

These folks are taking these trailers to a shop somewhere, removing the wheels and tires, removing the axles, and cutting them up for scrap.

He said someone had a brand new 32 foot gooseneck stolen this weekend just south of me. They found it in the scrapyard Monday afternoon.

Of course the scrap folks don't remember who brought it in.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That isn't a scrap yard. It's a chop shop. Those scrapyards know a buck. When someone is willing to sell a new gooseneck for scrap price they know what is going on. Or did they buy it as a working piece?

You might have misunderstood.

The thieves are cutting them in pieces and taking them to the scrap metal yard mixing with other stuff they have stolen.

You'd never know a trailer was in the pile they are selling. :mad:

Mike C

We have had a rash of trailers stolen here in North West Arkansas to. And they had a write up in the local paper about it a few months ago.

I know to that they arrested on guy who lived in this area several years ago. But he wound up in prison for something and when he got out. He was living somewhere in Tennessee but was driving all the way up here and stilling trailers. When they caught him they thought they had the trailer theft problem solved. But somebody is still stealing trailers here.

So what i am getting at is the trailer thefts here may be linked with the ones in your area. I know who is the Investigator here and it might (probably would not do any good to talk with him.) not hurt to talk with him. Because this guy was stealing the trailers here and taking them all the way back to Tennessee. If you are interested in talking with him i can get you his name and phone number ?

And if you remember i think it was Iornpeddler who posted about a vermeer round baler being stolen in Tennessee back last year. There is a good chance that who ever stole your trailer took it to another state. I know someone tried to steal a trailer next door to me last year right before they caught the guy who was in prison.

Get this the guy had pulled in and backed up to my neighbors trailer and was about to hook on to it. When my neighbor caught him. When the neighbor approached him. He ask if he could borrow the trailer and let on like that was what he was wanting to do the whole time. After the guy left the neighbor called the cops and they told him about all of the trailers that had been stolen and figured the guy was fixing to do the same to him had he not of caught him.

We found out later that the same guy had went about a mile up the road to another persons place and ask him if he could borrow his trailer. And the man had never seen him before in his life. If it was the thef he was a bold thef or stupid thef one.

MikeC":2esevbp1 said:
john250":2esevbp1 said:
MikeC":2esevbp1 said:

You might have misunderstood.

The thieves are cutting them in pieces and taking them to the scrap metal yard mixing with other stuff they have stolen.

You'd never know a trailer was in the pile they are selling. :mad:

Now I see.

Latest posts