I had company stacking hay

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
I hauled 38 rolls home this morning, and asked my son if he thought my grandson would like to ride in the cab while I stacked it. He'll be 3 in August, so I figured he'd be good for 4 or 5 rolls and then get bored, but he was perfectly happy standing there in the corner of the cab looking out the window and talking until I was done.

Grandchildren are a lot of fun. Any of you who don't have any should try to get some.

Rafter S said:
I hauled 38 rolls home this morning, and asked my son if he thought my grandson would like to ride in the cab while I stacked it. He'll be 3 in August, so I figured he'd be good for 4 or 5 rolls and then get bored, but he was perfectly happy standing there in the corner of the cab looking out the window and talking until I was done.

Grandchildren are a lot of fun. Any of you who don't have any should try to get some.

Best part as teenagers grandpa doesn't get stupid like dad.

Rafter S said:

Amen!

I've got a 6 year old grandson who does the same thing. My little buddy.

I have three (13, 10 and 6) and have taught them how to drive a tractor, 4 wheeler and riding mower.

0Kcyidb.jpg

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Rafter S said:

Amen!

I see your house in the background and your mother in-laws just to the right of it. :D

bird dog said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Rafter S said:

Amen!

I see your house in the background and your mother in-laws just to the right of it. :D

Lol, nah, I'm in the shed.

Rafter S said:

Are we allowed to say were still working on it ?

Oh, no, that be children then, wouldn't it....carry on...

Grandkids are a blessing from God. Wish I had more and they lived closer.

callmefence said:
My grandsons....

That rabbit is about as big as the little one. Two fine looking young men as I bet that little one is a lot like GP.

Named'em Tamed'em said:
No grandkids for me, but I was adopted by twin 8 yo girls 4 years ago. I'm officially Uncle Scott Scott and I love it!!

That's a special thing, your lucky. I pretty much raised 2 knucklehead nephews.

My son is 18 and about to get married to a wonderful young lady, I look forward to grandchildren that I can teach all about farming and gardening and the ways of life my grandparents taught me. I intended to teach my son all that stuff and I did some of it but I was young, impatient and always running trying to make another dollar so he usually seen the worse in me when he had to help with stuff around the place so he don't want anything to do with farm life but fortunately his wife to be likes it and I'm more patient, have more time and money now so hope to get to teach those grandkids alot. I grew up next to my grandparents and learned alot, especially from my papaw so I have alot of fond memories of that and their way of life.

Latest posts