I had a massive problem today!

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
went on the computer at 9 o'clock this morning and trojan horse virus came through, and it wiped out my anti virus I had in place. I got in touch with the company I have my broadband with, as they supply the anti virus softwear, they couldn't fix it, to take computer to a shop and have them remove the trojan, then call them back later when the virus was gone, and informed me that I had someone trying to steal my identity, so I had to call the bank to stop my credit and debit cards, £30 had already gone from my account, now I need to go to the branch on Monday to sort out getting it back, and get new cards issued, pain, but no more money can come out of the bank not even by me. :mad: inbetween time I thought I would purchase another anti virus system, OK I thought but no it wouldn't download onto my computer, another job on Monday is getting my money back for that, as by now the shop had shut, they did say I could get my money back if it didn't work, hurray for that. Spent another hour or so messing about with computer to no avail....now about 3.15pm.
So I called a friend who is a computer wizard, and he came over and took it off for me. that took until about 5.30 pm, when he went to put on a new anti virus system for me it wouldn't download, no more he could do for me and he needed to go home. So, with the trojan gone, I called the technical team back that supply the broadband, and their first advisor was stuck he could not help, he passed me to his supervisor, he in turn couldn't fix it so onto his line manager, who after 1 hour and 45 minutes he finally got it fixed, the advisors give you a code and you have to trust them to take over the running of your machine, he put on an anti virus search engine and they found 801 infected programmes had come onto the computer. That is why the anti virus' wouldn't download. He said the virus's were deep into the computer and hard to find. The technical team are in India, but what a polite and helpful bunch they were, and I could understand all that they were saying, their English was faultless, and I must say British Telecom picked a good lot, but shame it is not in England giving our natives a good job. (suppose not cheap enough) time all this finished was 7.45 pm What a DAY.
I can see why my Husband hates computers.
ps BT who supply the broadband pay for the call so at least that didn't cost me anything and technical help is free also.

Chrisy, glad it was only your computer health and not yours. :nod: Kind of scared me when I read the topic.

1982vett":1zxt0qrt said:
Chrisy, glad it was only your computer health and not yours. :nod: Kind of scared me when I read the topic.
Thanks for your concern, I am OK and awaiting my op it wont be until the new year....as for the computer had to take it into the repair shop and have it totally wiped and sorted, as that darn trojan also sent in 801 viruses, it seems OK now but my wallet it a little lighter. :( :mad: bl**dy hackers.