I guess this makes me The Winner!

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Bull is where I wanted him to go. My quad has a few more blemishes.

Oh yeah, I have a sprained wrist too. :D

A long departed friend once told me that a cowboy never has fun unless he has had a tough time during the day because that is all he talks about back at the bunkhouse. :cboy:

God bless you because the first time a bull did that here, he would be on the truck. I want them to be "bulls" but that includes understanding that I am not the enemy and that they should NOT be fighting me.... Still, if he is normally good otherwise, it is up to you to make that judgement.....just glad you weren't hurt worse. Does the quad still run okay?

farmerjan said:
God bless you because the first time a bull did that here, he would be on the truck. I want them to be "bulls" but that includes understanding that I am not the enemy and that they should NOT be fighting me.... Still, if he is normally good otherwise, it is up to you to make that judgement.....just glad you weren't hurt worse. Does the quad still run okay?

Oh yeah, the front tires took quite a bit of hair off his sides when I was turning him. When he finally decided to move away from me I gave him release and he walked through the gate like he should have to begin with. Next time I am thinking he won't be such a dick.

He did give the bike a couple of bunts but not seeing a stump that the front left tire hit tipped the bike on its side. Bull moved off then thankfully. An hour later we went through the gate.

gcreekrch said:

A long departed friend once told me that a cowboy never has fun unless he has had a tough time during the day because that is all he talks about back at the bunkhouse. :cboy:

You sure your not a vampire?
That appendage hasn't seen sunlight in years.

:hide:

Well, tell the story! What was he doing or not doing that caused the confrontation. You clearly were moving him. Sometimes those type conflicts are not due to a mean bull. It just goes with the territory.

Never a dull moment with bulls! I recently had one with a puncture wound in his foot. Amazing how fast they can move when they don't want to get caught, even with a wonky foot. He decided to "hide" in the brush & trees but I went all Rambo and flushed him out towards the corral. I also ended up with gashes and blood all over my arms, even through my jeans from the dang honey locust thorns (which is what had punctured his foot). But I caught the SOB!

Hope that giant goose egg on your shin heals quickly! Keep it iced and presumably you have a brace for your wrist.

So you were taking a ride on the quad wearing only your socks :lol:

You are lucky, that could have had terrible consequences.

Caustic Burno said:
gcreekrch said:

You sure your not a vampire?
That appendage hasn't seen sunlight in years.

:hide:

Not into feeding mosquitos...……. and it's not right to scare little children!

hurleyjd said:
2000 lb bull is not a fair fight for a man on a 5 or 6 hundred pound four wheeler. Bull can win every time.

He is a screwed out 1300 lb, 2 year old heifer bull. I was going to pull all 5 heifer bulls out yesterday. The first four sorted off like milk cows. This fella had different ideas and we made a complete tour of the 200 acre brush, timber and grass pasture they were in before he started looking for a gate. When he did that, I backed off and guided him. There was a fair amount of time spent trying to push him in the right direction with the bull bar on the front. Sure took lots of hair off him!

The wreck happened when I didn't see an old stump under a patch of brush. Flopped the bike on its side and fat me went for a nose dive. The damage is on the same leg that the hip is getting replaced so I don't limp any worse than I was. Arm works as long as I don't bend it back. Nothing too good for a cowboy!

Latest posts