I guess im supposed to be scared

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I wonder what they would think if I answered the survey with F.Y. in big letters - big brother leave me alone

IMG_20161227_224847842_zpsoh9q3per.jpg

skyhightree1":fc5zzr1p said:
I wonder what they would think if I answered the survey with F.Y. in big letters - big brother leave me alone

I did that already, twice. Haven't heard a word in over a year now from them. I wrote in big red letters " classified information "
and " private property " I'm sure I'll hear back from them it's just a matter of time.
To me private property means just that, unless they have a search warrant from a judge.

True Grit Farms":ake0luix said:
skyhightree1":ake0luix said:

I did that already, twice. Haven't heard a word in over a year now from them. I wrote in big red letters " classified information "
and " private property " I'm sure I'll hear back from them it's just a matter of time.
To me private property means just that, unless they have a search warrant from a judge.

Someone really needs to get the epa and usda under control

Been getting calls from them every night about 7PM . My phone says Potential Spam so I just ignore it. They have called my house and cell phone every work day for 2 weeks.

D2Cat":20y4ratg said:
skyhightree1 , it says "your response is required by law". That would meet their requirements. It doesn't stipulate they have to favor your response.

:lol2: good point

kenny thomas":20y4ratg said:
Been getting calls from them every night about 7PM . My phone says Potential Spam so I just ignore it. They have called my house and cell phone every work day for 2 weeks.

:lol2: K.T. they aren't calling you for a survey they want a loan from your moldy money to keep operating.. :lol:

skyhightree1":eft8igcs said:

I got one of these as well. I wonder what the consequences would be for not sending it back?

Wife got a jury summons yesterday. There was a questionnaire she was to fill out. She kept asking me questions. I finally told her to put in whatever she felt like. She replied that at the bottom there was a statement that all answers had to be true under penalty of perjury. I finally had to tell her that they have bigger fish to fry and they aren't going to come arrest her for perjury for answering a question wrong. Same goes for these USDA forms. Just put in what ever you fell like and send it off. I am think of writing on it, lost too much money on cattle quitting farming.

I did mine last week , It was generic questions and did not ask for specifics animal numbers. It did ask what the value of each group of animals I had on a per unit price. calves under 500 , calves over 500 , bred heifers , cows and bulls . I might have exaggerated the price a little but hey they asked what I thought they were worth.

M-5":5rzgj1di said:
I did mine last week , It was generic questions and did not ask for specifics animal numbers. It did ask what the value of each group of animals I had on a per unit price. calves under 500 , calves over 500 , bred heifers , cows and bulls . I might have exaggerated the price a little but hey they asked what I thought they were worth.

:lol2: :lol2: :clap:

Funny, last time I brought this up everyone was all ho-hum...
We're dealing with it now as well.. ETERNAL phone calls at any time of day or night, it's nothing short of harassment..
We resist by turning the phone to silent.. Be darned if they can compel us to answer our phone.

We don't have a problem with a 5 year census, but when it becomes yearly, or heaven forbid, QUARTERLY (I'm sure they're working on it), that's too much. Also, around here, the CENSUS is mandatory, however, they have SURVEYS, which are NOT MANDATORY, however, the arsehole on the other end of the line tells you it is.. We told them we don't give out any information over the phone.. Nothing stops these guys!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94746&p=1186263&hilit=stats+canada#p1186263

It says if they get no response they call and email you. It says the purpose is to "identify potential U.S. agricultural operations." Huh?

this instantaneous knowledge of how many animals are available is always going to work against the cow-calf producer.. None of us follow these statistics, or not closely enough to matter.. you can bet all the big packers, etc have people devoted to studying this stuff... No sooner than there is an 'adequate' supply they'll say there's an oversupply and they can and do manipulate the prices.. everyone follows suit and panics and we get eternal price yo-yos.. of course for us we spend 10 years at the bottom for 1 good year at the top.
This recent price drop.. seriously, looking at north american stocks, they didn't double overnight!.. So lets look at the demand side of it.. consumers didn't just stop eating beef... though high prices certainly reduced it, why aren't the store prices coming down now?
Just like oil prices, the crude stock price rises a buck, and so does the pump price.. crude stock drops a buck and pump price drops $0.10

Have some fun with it. 500 head of llamas, 150 chinchillas, 45 acres of pineapples, you get the idea.

I feel the same as you, though, I am against it on principle.

What happens is the same thing that happens to me where I work.
Except they are asking for a monthly trade report.

They pester the living daylights out of you.. unfortunately at work the government has my fax, email and phone. I have told everyone to send them to voicemail but when they say they are from US Gov they tend to freak out. I do eventually do them online when I get around to it. I always check the box that says I am using estimates,whether I am or not...

Latest posts