I guess I did good.

Help Support CattleToday:

baxter78":2p7w32kg said:
I suppose I did alright I sold four calves yesterday and netted 2917.50. Two nine month old bulls and two nine month old heifers.

May I ask how you sold these for those prices? Private treaty? advertised/neighbor? Sale barn? etc? Thanks. I think several of us might like a little of that too.

There is a certified, pre-conditioned, Hereford calf sale coming up. I won't be in it this year but will be interesting to see how prices go for future planning. Was your sale something like this?

At nine months they should be around the 700 lb mark..
That is an average of 1.04 a pound..I guess prices are down a bit from Sept.

I am curious as to what the weights are.

My 30 + head of steers that I sold in September ranging in between 650 and 750 lbs averaged $1.15 a pound (and that is very low compared to even three years ago). I am curious to see just how much calf prices have dropped since the financial crisis.

baxter78":320oicjr said:
I suppose I did alright I sold four calves yesterday and netted 2917.50. Two nine month old bulls and two nine month old heifers.

Sounds a little low to me....If I remember right you raise registered show cattle so I would think you would do better than that.

Heck we sold a 6 month old bull the other day for $1500

Jovid":snyk2tra said:
baxter78":snyk2tra said:

Sounds a little low to me....If I remember right you raise registered show cattle so I would think you would do better than that.

Heck we sold a 6 month old bull the other day for $1500
He probably let 'em go at a sacrificial price to save moving expenses from Arizona to Kansas. You're going to be neighbors Jovid!

Latest posts