I gotta question for ya'll

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Is there anything in your home that belongs to another family member that you would love just to toss in the trash but won't cause it belongs to someone else that you cherish?

My wife has a picture of a great great somebody or other hanging on the wall in the hall. Its one of those old photos and the woman looks like she is pi$$ed off with the world. On top of that her eyes just follow you and she gives me the creeps. I would love to put it in storage or toss it BUT .... well you know.

Jogeephus":3u1xxhls said:
Is there anything in your home that belongs to another family member that you would love just to toss in the trash but won't cause it belongs to someone else that you cherish?

My wife has a picture of a great great somebody or other hanging on the wall in the hall. Its one of those old photos and the woman looks like she is pi$$ed off with the world. On top of that her eyes just follow you and she gives me the creeps. I would love to put it in storage or toss it BUT .... well you know.
they didnt smile in the old photos plus, those women in the old day raised 12 to 15 kids plus all the house chores... would you smile
:cowboy:

Heck nobody ever smiled in those old pictures. Everybody was probably totally worn out from hard work but smiles seem to be few and far between.

exposure took a loooooong time~almost as long as Macons few hours :D If you moved,the photo blurred..

I would love to clean house of all the trinkets that have been handed down to me. They mean too much to my mom so I cannot get rid of them. My sister sold hers in a garage sale or chucked them ,,,,, I think that is really rude and ignorant..

Could you "arrange to be robbed"? Give someone trusted a key, have them take the pic while you are gone to a nice dinner out. Say "honey, those meth heads will take anything".

john250":33vjy031 said:
Could you "arrange to be robbed"? Give someone trusted a key, have them take the pic while you are gone to a nice dinner out. Say "honey, those meth heads will take anything".

That's funny.

You can put it away but you certainly cannot get rid of it. It is entrusted to you for safe keeping.
It may well mean something to someone on down the line that you have no way of knowing about now.

Once gone, these things cannot be replaced

Jogeephus":8ylulkgf said:

Be bold my friend. That shiny new chicken house would be a good place to stay warm and dry for a few weeks.

My grannie had a nephew that was killed in WWII and she had a picture of him in her spare bedroom. It always creeped me out. Eyes that seemed to follow me around the room... One of those sepia prints.

I don't mind old photographs. It's the plaster copper painted ducks on the back porch from my wife's mother and the grotesquely unnatural looking vase of yellow and orange tinged plastic roses in the den from my wifes neice that I have a little bit of a problem with.

Red Bull Breeder":2g45h0tf said:
Go ahead Jo, just toss the thing in the trash. It will be ok in a few years.

With her memory, years might turn into decades based on Maconic Time. ;-) :lol: Besides that I can use this and a few other things as bargaining chips when she points at some of my "treasures" that she thinks are worthless pieces of junk. :nod:

I don't have anything that creeps me out, but there is a lot of stuff in our house that wouldn't fetch 50 cents at a garage sale but it's valuable because it belonged to a departed loved one. Like great-grandma's biscuit cutter, MIL's knick knacks and so on. We're gonna leave one thing behind that our descendants will probably want to get rid of, my favorite aunt painted a portrait of our dog. I love my aunt and I loved that dog, so they'll just have to deal with it! :lol:

Jogeephus":36keeoxe said:

Yup, my wife's dog.

cfpinz":5801kkcg said:
Jogeephus":5801kkcg said:

Yup, my wife's dog.

You know what?? I didn't take to Steffie right away, because Tibidoe my dog ,was my dog, and my only pet and the only dog I wanted.. But Then this little girl weaved her way into my heart and I miss her so very very much now she became one of the loves of my life just like my beloved Tibidoe.

Just like Mr. HD did not like the Kit Kat at first, but now goes out of his way to pet him and snuggle him, I think they both know how much I love them and how much they mean to me so they get along better each and every day..The Kit Kat would hide when I wasn't around but now he comes to Mr. HD..

If it means something special to the one you love, then you need to love or at least tolerate it too.

hillsdown":31aeo12g said:
cfpinz":31aeo12g said:
Jogeephus":31aeo12g said:

Yup, my wife's dog.

You know what?? I didn't take to Steffie right away, because Tibidoe my dog ,was my dog, and my only pet and the only dog I wanted.. But Then this little girl weaved her way into my heart and I miss her so very very much now she became one of the loves of my life just like my beloved Tibidoe.

Just like Mr. HD did not like the Kit Kat at first, but now goes out of his way to pet him and snuggle him, I think they both know how much I love them and how much they mean to me so they get along better each and every day..The Kit Kat would hide when I wasn't around but now he comes to Mr. HD..

If it means something special to the one you love, then you need to love or at least tolerate it too.

Didn't much care for her last dog at first but there towards the end I kind of liked the mutt, that dog adored her. But that thing she has now has got to be the dumbest dog that ever walked this earth.

I'm not much of a dog person, took me 5 years to warm up to my own dog. Cats are another story, I love cats.

Latest posts