i got turkey eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
went and followed a turkey to its nest and picked a dozen of em..cant wait to taste em

ha..not really..as if...but one of my feed customers brou7ght me a dozen turkey eggs..never had em..says theyre rich and yolkie..cant wait to try one out..vacation brekfast thursday will be a good morning!

gary

10E991113.gif
hey where's our eggs.

wife said tey were awesome..ill try to report back after brkfst...rich nd alotta yolk she said..big..she couldnt eat 2 of em..im droolin....

they look really cool aslo

kenny thomas":2acex3j9 said:
So how was it. I eat a few of duck eggs every spring but had not tried the turkey eggs.

Man if you can gag down a duck egg you are one tuff sonofagun in my book.

taste like chicken eggs cept quite a bit bigger. same to me tho..some of the best eggs ive ever eaten tho jut the same...free! :D

dieselbeef":1lagiglo said:
taste like chicken eggs cept quite a bit bigger. same to me tho..some of the best eggs ive ever eaten tho jut the same...free! :D

Are you positive it was a turkey?? Could have been a buzzard you know. :lol2: :lol2:

DavisBeefmasters":2syz74y5 said:
Peacock eggs are large as well -- taste like chicken eggs as well.
How 'bout an Ostrich egg that's big, takes about an hour for a soft boiled one, should feed about three people comfortably.

Growing up we were so poor we followed the chickens around to be sure we got enough eggs for breakfast. :lol: A duck egg was a treasure. :nod: I not only eat one but two when I can get them. Grandma always used them for baking.

An egg is an egg is an egg. Never had a turkey egg that I know of, but I wouldn't put it past my mother to have fed them to us and not mentioned it when she had turkeys. She saved her duck eggs for baking, too. Used to know some people who had exotic birds, parrots and macaws and such, and they would boil some of those little eggs and pickle them and acted like it was some gourmet delight.

MO_cows":1fpggm1t said:
An egg is an egg is an egg. Never had a turkey egg that I know of, but I wouldn't put it past my mother to have fed them to us and not mentioned it when she had turkeys. She saved her duck eggs for baking, too. Used to know some people who had exotic birds, parrots and macaws and such, and they would boil some of those little eggs and pickle them and acted like it was some gourmet delight.
MO...that bought to mind Quails eggs, that is one egg I know I don't like.

pickeled quail eggs are pretty dang good...niegh bors got bout 40 quail and he makes em n a big jar old school..real tasty

Latest posts