I got DSL today and...

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Its sweet! So fast, I can now directly take pics and upload them in seconds to any site, ebay, etc..Its unbelievable! I think there are a few kinks to work out with the email they gave me, but regardless, I can't believe I waited this long to get it.

GMN

While I am not thrilled with ATT, I love DSL. ATT is the only provider I can get where we live, so it is either that or dial up.

congrats! Somehow I have WiFi--no,I'm not connected to anything,think one if the neighbors hasn't shielded theirs--don't think I'm hurting them in any form or fashion.

I have DSL with the upload and down load though the dish at the shop. I use a directional repeater to send it to my house half a mile away.

Last week I was working on the far side of the shop and saw some new wires running in the ceiling. I followed them to the wall and found a new repeater. I know it was for my father in-law's house so I went ahead and got it working for him. When I went over to set up the stuff in there house I asked my mother in law about it and she says he has been working on it for 3 months trying to get it to work. I had offered to set him up on it 2 years age if he bought the repeaters and told me no thanks.

They cut off there dialup internet and moved his part time business number to voyage. I think there now saving about $50 a month on there bills but I have not started to bill him yet for it; .

I can not live without high speed inter net…

I've got DSL and if I had to go back to dial up I wouldn't have it.My parents have dial up and it just makes me mad to try and use it .I recommend any of you to get DSL if avaliable you'll love it.

Hey, glad you could get it! Man, I wish we could get DSL out here...we've gone so far as getting on top of the barn with a tall pole to try to get a signal, but it's just not there. :( Maybe someday. We finally were able to get something a bit faster then our old dial up, but no DSL. :D

Jeanne - Simme Valley":gglekn9p said:
We don't have DSL available yet, but I recently got Verizon Wireless - awesome!!! ANYTHING is better than dial-up.

That's what we did except it's still "Alltel" here. As fast as my DSL at work and 10 times faster than the Hughesnet we had and half the price.

It is pretty unbelievable, the difference is amazing, no more waiting and getting kicked off only to have to redial the connection, this is just so nice! :D :D

GMN

Latest posts