I GOT A SCAM ARTIST LOL!

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
The normal print is the emails I received, the italics is my response to him.

hello
> how are you doing i will like to let you know that i have interest
>in your goats and i will like to order for it you can kindly send me
>the final asking price and more information about the goats i will be
>waiting for your soonest reply....
>best regards

Hi Alex,

Which goats were you interested in? I have sold the last remaining angoras,
I still have two boer bucks and one Boer wether trained to harness. The boer
bucks I am asking $300 each, the harness trained wether I am asking $600 for.

If you are interested in angoras, you might like to be put on my waiting list,
to be contacted when the kids are born in August. You can also reserve a kid
due this year. The way this works is you can choose which of my does the kid
will come from (I send you photos and information), you nominate whether you
want a doe, buck or wether kid, I require a non-refundable $50 deposit on each
kid reserved. When the kid is born in August you will be notified, and at weaning
in October you will be required to pay the remaining price and pick up the kid.
Doe kids are roughly $150, wether kids are $50 and buck kids $150 - $200.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Take care, Keren.

>hello
>thanks i will like to buy the ones available for sale you can kindly
>tell me more information i will be waiting for your soonest reply
>best regards
>
>

Hi Alex,

as I said, I dont have any angoras available currently.

I have two Boer bucks at $300 each.

I have one harness wether at $600.

If you would like more information you will need to tell me what details you
require!

Take care,

Keren.

yes i understand you i would like to buy the Boer bucks at $300 and is
this the last price $300

Hi Alex, yes the price is firm.

Would you mind telling me a little about your operation? Where are you located?
Do you have stud or commercial does?

K

Hi..
Thanks very much for your response. I would be buying goats you have
for sale so kindly reserve it for me. I am sending you this email to
make final reconfirmation of the puppy
which am willing to buy for my son as his birthday present and I also
want to let you know that payment will be by certified Check or Money
Order. However, I want to alert you on the fact that you will be
receiving the Check or Money Order this week or next week and payment
will cover your cost and as well as the shipping cost to be paid to
the person that will take care of the pickup in your house. So please
as soon as you receive the payment, get it cashed immediately, deduct
the money that accrues to you and send the remaining balance to the
Head Office of the company that handles the shipment via Western
union. Moreso, I will pay you an extra $100 if you can reserve this
for me. So in view of the above, Here are some of the details I will
need for final issuance of the Check or Money Order to you.

(1) Full Name
(2) Mailing address, no p.o.box please
(3) your direct telephone number both home and cell.?
{4} Acceptance of my offer
(5} Final asking price

Once you get back to me with all the above information, the check or
money order will be issued out immediately and it will be sent to
you.

Regards
Mr wilson

Dear Mr Wilson,

thank you for the interest in my goats for sale, as well as offering to up the price $100 for my troubles. The thought is much appreciated.

However, I am writing to inform you that it will not be necessary for you to complete this transaction. My sales contract specifies that all transactions are to be completed by cash on pickup.

Furthermore, I have no interest whatsoever in a person who is not educated enough to distinguish between a goat and a puppy; I must do this for the welfare of my own goats, as I am afraid you may accidently feed the goat dog food (which for your information is very bad for their health). Perhaps you may have a medical condition, such as Alzheimers or dyslexia, which caused your faux pas and if this situation is indeed correct I apologise. Bucks do not make good pets for small children and your plans for this animal again show your lack of research and proper planning before making this important decision, which again does not lead me to want to complete this transaction.

Finally, I have made it a personal policy not to deal with scam artists and thus I wont be completing the transaction. I look upon people such as you with disdain. You obviously believe you can sail through this life without any semblence of honesty or hard work. You postulate that you can obtain money from people like me who know the value of a hard day's work, and who find satisfaction in every dollar earned, knowing the effort that went into earning it. I made a point to respond to your emails from the beginning of our communication, knowing that I would not make a sale out of it but finding satisfaction now, in the thought that I have wasted your time much like you have wasted mine.

I wish you all the very best, and give your son birthday wishes from be.

May you get the winning lottery ticket and a hole in your pocket.
May the Fleas of a Thousand Camels infest one of your Erogenous Zones.
May you have eyes like a hawk and a spouse with warts.
May you learn the secret of life in every dream, then forget it each time you awaken.
May you live in uninteresting times.
May you make a poor man richer: your doctor.
May you make a widow and orphans happy -- your own.
May your children be so famous every policeman knows them.
May your clock run slow, your heart fast, your bile over, your wife away, your nose always.
May your daughters' hair grow thick, black, and abundant -- all over their faces.
May your possessions never tempt another to steal.

And may you one day learn the value of honest work.

Take care,

Keren.

thanks for the advise and may god judge you as you have judge me wrong
just because i wanted to but goats from you you are a disgrace to
human hood
best regards

Where did you have your goats posted Keren? The reason im asking is because i posted sides of beef on Craigs list and got that exact first email. I just ignored it though! LOL

Ryder":1k5k8h0h said:
Note to self:
Do not ever try to pull a fast one on Keren. :stop: :shock:
I'll have to second that.

I had a couple people try to do this to me on one of my dads trucks that I posted on Craigslist for him. I applaude you on your great comebacks. :clap: :lol2:

Good job. I too had one try that on a bull calf that i decided to put of craigslist,
To shipped to NEW YORK CITY, I told them that a soon as I had a Western Union money transfer for $300 to cover the costs of livestock inspections, vet certifcations and shots I would authorize the shipping company to pick up said animal as long as the shipping company had been prepaid by the purchaser.

Never heard from them again
:D :D :D

Karen, The person just wanted some but goats that love dog food.Karen, The person just wanted some but goats that love dog food. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tom.

Good for you Keren ....Way to kick some scum bag @ss.. :clap:

I hope the next call you get is legit and you can sell a few of those beauties you have,, :) ..

BTW, love the new Toyota.. I should post a pic of my little booting around truck. It is an "83 Toyota, 4x4 gut less as all wonder but it is a heck of a truck in the winter handles like a dream and is small enough to zip into tight spots in the city. Much better that my 2500 4x4 GM... :nod:

I've always wondered why these scams seem to all originate in Africa. Do they think that we're stupider than we actually are?

You know, this happened to me when I was advertising my pups. I just advertised in the local paper ~ not even the cities. It is almost the same letter Keren. I love how you handled it ~ it took me a little longer to figure it out. :oops:

There is a guy that spends his time baiting these jerks and dragging them on and on. Don;t recall the name but some of the stuff that he has done to/with them is really funny.

dun said:
There is a guy that spends his time baiting these jerks and dragging them on and on. Don;t recall the name but some of the stuff that he has done to/with them is really funny.[/quote

Ive heard some audio of a guy who give telemarketers a hard time. Funniest thing I have ever heard. One that I really remember was the telemarketers were a carpet cleaning company and he asked if their product could get the blood out of carpets well enough that the police wouldnt be able to investigate. The telemarketers didnt know what to think.

Our favourite for the telemarketers, when they ask for Mr Muthsam (my dad) is to ask them politely to call back next month, as that is when he will get out on parole.

The other thing is to scream hysterically 'You insensitive ------! The funeral was last week' and promptly hang up.

Or the other thing, is there are four Mr Muthsam's in my house, dad and three brothers, so I just start throwing names at them and babbling like an idiot, I actually had one hang up on me.

NOTE TO SELF:

Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, under any circumstances, conditions, state of mind, or temporary lapse of judgement think that you will get by trying to scam Keren. If you simply cannot resist the effort to scam someone; just remember to do it in another hemisphere or on another planet.

:tiphat:
Hats off to you Keren!

I saw a few of those scams myself and knew that they were playing games.

(How much do you charge to ghost-write a response to a junk mailer or persistent telemarketer?) You could be on to a very rewarding career!

Thanks for the big laugh. :lol: :lol: My wife is rolling in the floor and begging me to print off your answers to this guy so that she can take it to work and show it. She literally has tears in her eyes.

Good one!

HUS

Latest posts