I got a pellet gun

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":4726wob8 said:
Caustic Burno":4726wob8 said:
Bigfoot":4726wob8 said:
Did anyone have the red rider gloves that went with the gun? I loved mine.

No have a picture with my Roy Rogers outfit on.
You will never see it. Also had the Roy Rogers Chuck wagon lunch kit.
"Yougottabeshittinme"??? I had a paper bag and brought it back home everyday too. :nod:

There were a few perks to being the youngest grandkid.

"Yougottabeshittinme"??? I had a paper bag and brought it back home everyday too. :nod:[/quote]

Me, only we had 3 or 4 and my mother used to iron them. God help you if you lost one or it got torn. I remember sandwiches packed in bread sacks inside the brown bags.

Your making me feel like a cheap skate. We reuse ziplock bags all the time.

Bigfoot":2a13lsli said:
Your making me feel like a cheap skate. We reuse ziplock bags all the time.

Good for you. My wife told me the other day that I was a cheapskate....I said look up at the roof over your head. That's the reason it's there.

I work hard at being a cheapskate these days. Wished I would have started much sooner, but better later than never. :nod:

Had a buddy with one of those high powered competition pellet guns that he won. I can't remember the brand, but it would launch the pellets at a pretty fast clip.

Sure was a lot of fun to have on the outskirts of town, but from my experience, it won't replace a 22lr for game. Accuracy was fine, but knockdown left something to be desired. Of course, if accuracy is good enough, that may not be as big of a deal.

You're probably not going to be killing many coyotes (for instance) with an air rifle if you body shoot them even with the better guns. They will run off and die somewhere else. But if you head shoot them, they go down just like with any 22. Birds, squirrels, Marmots up to coyotes are all doable targets. Just not making long shots. Where I live, coyotes come fairly close at the end of their lives.

"Where I live, coyotes come fairly close at the end of their lives."

Do they come close because it's the end of their lives, or is it the end of their lives because they come close?

Probably both :p.. it's the same around here

I had a crossman POS air rifle.. if you pumped it about 20 times you could get it moving OK... Never had a daisy, but I did have some other crack-barrel bb gun. I've got about 700 rds of 22lr which should last me a while... enough I can take down some crows, starlings, and the ilk.. I only have a Cooey 75, which is a single shot, and helps conserve ammo. Lands a yote on its arse if you hit it right... strangest thing though.. I can hit a starling at 50 yards no problem but can't hit a crow at 30.. it's like they have a force field around them!

Friend of mine has a high power air rifle that does somewhere around 12-1400 fps.. He's within city limits so he can't shoot 'real' firearms

Nesikep said:
Probably both :p.. it's the same around here

I had a crossman POS air rifle.. if you pumped it about 20 times you could get it moving OK... Never had a daisy, but I did have some other crack-barrel bb gun. I've got about 700 rds of 22lr which should last me a while... enough I can take down some crows, starlings, and the ilk.. I only have a Cooey 75, which is a single shot, and helps conserve ammo. Lands a yote on its arse if you hit it right... strangest thing though..

I can hit a starling at 50 yards no problem but can't hit a crow at 30.. [/b]it's like they have a force field around them!

Don't kid yourself they do. Some real bad juju with those black [email protected] even moreso.

We're on great terms with the ravens.. we have a pair here, never eat our cherries, never disturb the cows, we feed them dead mice and they are good company... they were in the corral today picking up all the clipped hair from when I clipped the heifers.. The two of them were sitting on the rails trying to stuff just a bit more hair in their beaks.

Best shot I ever did was while discing a field a crow thought he was smart and hovered above me,.. I drove with my knees on the wheel and nailed him.. he sure didn't expect that.. he had gotten used to me stopping the tractor to aim!

If I were in a position where I had to shoot a raven here, I'd certainly have to make sure I get both... I wouldn't want that other one upset with me!

When it comes to pellet guns, choosing the right one for you is essential if you wish to have the best possible experience. It's really important to know what key factors to look for in a pellet gun so you can make a well informed and smart buying decision.

He wore the other pellet gun out. Broke down, and got a 22 caliber pellet rifle for him for Christmas. Durn thing shoots almost as hard as a 22. Killed a half dozen squirrels already.

Bigfoot":2yokrhpu said:
The trigger on this one is too hard to squeeze to ever be super accurate. I'd think if a person wanted to really shoot small game, you'd want to step up about another $100.

May be able to adjust it Bigfoot. I know you can on a rifle. Worth a look.

Gotta add something------22 pellets aren't cheap. It's about 8 cents a pellet. Not much cheaper than a 22. Got notified today the 500 rounds I bought him for Christmas is about gone.

Bigfoot":2ym5lbwe said:
Gotta add something------22 pellets aren't cheap. It's about 8 cents a pellet. Not much cheaper than a 22. Got notified today the 500 rounds I bought him for Christmas is about gone.
Bought 22 LR cheaper than 8 cents lately. Where did you buy them? See them $7 for 500 at Walmart.

The last 22 shells I bought, I gave $6 and some change for 50 rounds. That was back when you couldn't find them. I hear they are back available but idk. We got the pellet gun thing going back when 22 shells were hard to find. The pellet gun is fine for plinking, and squirrels. He shoots quit a bit, and it seemed like a cheaper alternative. Plus it draws a lot less attention from the neighbors.

Bigfoot":20b9mbpi said:
The last 22 shells I bought, I gave $6 and some change for 50 rounds. That was back when you couldn't find them. I hear they are back available but idk. We got the pellet gun thing going back when 22 shells were hard to find. The pellet gun is fine for plinking, and squirrels. He shoots quit a bit, and it seemed like a cheaper alternative. Plus it draws a lot less attention from the neighbors.
Not sure if I made my post clear but the pellets are about $7 for 500. 8 cents a pellet seems awful high.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just bought what Uncle Lees had. $20 for 250. I did make a mental note the containers were very heavy.

Bigfoot":1kvkf9wf said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I just bought what Uncle Lees had. $20 for 250. I did make a mental note the containers were very heavy.
How is Uncle Lee's compared to the old one? Wanted to go today but something came up.

I like it better. No hardware, just outdoor equipment and guns. The new guy might be a little cheaper on his guns.

Latest posts