I got a pellet gun

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Someone gave me a 5 gallon bucket of 22 shells. It took my son a long time to finally go thru all of them, but he did. As everyone knows 22 shells are almost impossible to find. I spent about $120 on the gun, and went ahead and put a scope on it. It's mostly zerod in. I'd like to shoot it one afternoon when the wind isn't blowing to really finish sighting it. It's a lot of fun, and cheap to shoot. It's supposed to shoot 1200 fps. I don't think its that fast, but it's fast enough.

Bigfoot":308ukskd said:
Someone gave me a 5 gallon bucket of 22 shells. It took my son a long time to finally go thru all of them, but he did. As everyone knows 22 shells are almost impossible to find. I spent about $120 on the gun, and went ahead and put a scope on it. It's mostly zerod in. I'd like to shoot it one afternoon when the wind isn't blowing to really finish sighting it. It's a lot of fun, and cheap to shoot. It's supposed to shoot 1200 fps. I don't think its that fast, but it's fast enough.

Been thinking of one of the high powered ones myself.
Hate burning my 22 lr for other than critical needs.

This one is a Winchester 1250 SS. Shoots better than I thought it would.

I'm hopeing he'll see something soon worth shooting. I'll be glad to see what it'll do.

im with cb on if you can do some of the same stuff with a pellet rifle that a .22 will do I would rather hold onto my .22 lr bigfoot let us know what you find worth shooting trying it out on some possums or something

Deepsouth":1c9objpz said:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=gammo%20pellet%20rifles&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CEUQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airgundepot.com%2Fgamo-airguns-review.html&ei=6d0PU5_XGqb82gWhvIHgDA&usg=AFQjCNHCfV6KQ7KVKGv2BJoA_q9ocJbn_Q&bvm=bv.61965928,d.b2I
Things sure have changed since I had that crossman when I was a kid.

The trigger on this one is too hard to squeeze to ever be super accurate. I'd think if a person wanted to really shoot small game, you'd want to step up about another $100.

Hey Bigfoot,some interesting reading on a air rifle.
Google the Girandoni Air Rifle.
It was first made in 1779 and used by Lewis and Clark
A 46 cal and 30 shot. Was said to shoot through a pine board at 100yd.

Now that's an air rifle. :lol:

Cal

I bought a Benjamin 1100fps .22 spring/break barrel with a great tactical scope a few years ago. About $300 at Cabelas. Easily as accurate as any of my other .22 rifles. I liken it to a sniper rifle. Surprising what it'll do.

M5farm":2di3reud said:
Deepsouth":2di3reud said:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=gammo%20pellet%20rifles&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CEUQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airgundepot.com%2Fgamo-airguns-review.html&ei=6d0PU5_XGqb82gWhvIHgDA&usg=AFQjCNHCfV6KQ7KVKGv2BJoA_q9ocJbn_Q&bvm=bv.61965928,d.b2I
Things sure have changed since I had that crossman when I was a kid.
Lucky Dog...all I ever had was a Daisy "Red Ryde" BB gun. Birds didn't have a chance in my neck of the woods. When it began to loose some of it's compression I'd pour about 3 tablespoons of gasoline down the barrel and it would shoot like a .22 rifle for the next 20 shots. :lol2: :lol2:

Did anyone have the red rider gloves that went with the gun? I loved mine.

Caustic Burno":eazbpwgv said:
Bigfoot":eazbpwgv said:
Did anyone have the red rider gloves that went with the gun? I loved mine.

No have a picture with my Roy Rogers outfit on.
You will never see it. Also had the Roy Rogers Chuck wagon lunch kit.
"Yougottabeshittinme"??? I had a paper bag and brought it back home everyday too. :nod:

Had a pic of me in mine, and lost it in the storm. My brother and I would take turns getting on a sows backs, and then shoot them with the BB gun in the butt. High entertainment for poor kids.

I want one too. I had a Daisy Powerline when I was a kid. It was .22 cal. It was a rabbit killing machine. I gave it to little brother when I left home. I think it was advertised at 970 fps. I would love to have a high quality air rifle. I've only window shopped recently and don't know much about them

Latest posts