I finley bought that 2500 with duromax

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
Yep I did it. I traded for a 2004 king cab long bed with duromax and a 6 speed standerd trans. So far I like it much better than I thought. That thing is strong. getting the gooseneck hitch instaled next week.
I took it out after dark for the first time last night and no low beams??? I will check fuses this afternoon. I hope it don't turn out to be much to fix. The high beams work just fine.

Bama...had an '01 model, extended cab with auto transmission....injectors went out while still under warranty....after that I never did anything but have it serviced. Traded it off last month with 227,000 miles on it...still ran and pulled like a champ.

My paw in law,bought one,had lots o trouble with transmission. I say he brought it on his self. He'd use the tow haul button, just to haul the 4 wheeler to the hunting club. I told him not to use it unless he had a sure nuff load,like 10 cows or a tractor and such.Couldn't get that in his head.

Alabama, You will like the 2500. I have an '03 2500HD duramax extended cab 4x4 and an '08 3500HD Duramx crew cab 4x4 duelly.

In case you hadn't heard GM has a special policy on the fuel intectors, the will replace them at no charge if they go bad in 1st 7 years or 200k miles. My '03 is in the shop getting new injectors at 160k it started smoking some while ideling and would blow black smoke when you stomped it.

Be sure to get the B&W Turnover Hitch. I have them in both my trucks.

Well the headlight trouble turned out to be that both low beam bulbs were burned out. it works fine now.
I have not found the B&W turnover ball yet but still looking. I have heard that a place in Opelika has them.
I like the standerd trans too but the 6 speed is taking a little to get use to.

You'll like it just fine. I had to get an automatic or my wife wouldn't drive it and I was a little afraid of the Allison but after a 100,000+ miles it still works like it did the first day.

If you can't find a place local to you to get the B&W Turnover hitch, there is a place in Oxford called Classic Customs who normally stocks the hitches and also installs them. Wherever you have the hitch installed get them to install the wiring plug in the bed. Makes it a lot easier.

I had a B&W Turnover hitch installed in my Dodge. I went to Airport Trailer Sales in Montgomery, Alabama. They are located on the Selma Hwy. next to the Airport. They did an excellent installation and very very reasonable. I would not hesitate to go there again. Hope I was helpful. Tom :cboy:

In case you hadn't heard GM has a special policy on the fuel intectors, the will replace them at no charge if they go bad in 1st 7 years or 200k miles. My '03 is in the shop getting new injectors at 160k it started smoking some while ideling and would blow black smoke when you stomped it.

That is correct on the injectors, but I believe currently it only applies to '01-' 03. I've heard speculation that '04 may be included soon.

As was said about the B&W ball, I would highly recommend it.

And as far as TNMBP not liking the Duramax, that has to mean they are all right. :D

SIMP221":1a5g7f2w said:
YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!
he sure will... sorry he didnt buy one sooner.. im a service advisor at a chevy dealer.. they finally got smart and let someone else build a diesel for em... although im partial to a cummins too.

Latest posts