I felt safe and secure!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Just minutes ago, I was enjoying a 4-way at Gold Star Chili in Maysville, Kentucky. I looked up and four armed policeman entered the establishment. I backed my chair against the wall. As I watched they came to the table next to mine. My first thought was to tell them "I am not armed, so please don't shoot me".

Instead, I ask them if their bullet proof vests were hot on a day like today. They said "heII yes."

ncczrd.jpg

I actually got into a confrontation with the black cop. He didn't order chopped onions for his four-way. I told him to put onions on it or I was calling 911.

Rafter S":jxoe1k5t said:
What's a 4-way?

The history of Cincinnati chili shares many factors in common with the apparently independent but simultaneous development of the Coney Island hot dog in other areas of the United States. "Virtually all" were developed by Greek or Macedonian immigrants who passed through Ellis Island as they fled the fallout from the Balkan Wars in the first two decades of the twentieth century.

Cincinnati is famous for chili. Gold Star Chili is a franchise that uses that history as part of its business model.

4-way: Piping hot spaghetti smothered in Gold Star Chili's famous recipe chili and generously topped ...with beans and onions.

Before the franchise restaurants came about, there were privately owned "chili parlors" in northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. Those were the good ole days. The owners were Greeks usually and the chili was wonderful. They all sold bottle beer.

If I opened a restaurant I would name it Nooners. On a road trip better half and I named things you could order at our fake eatery...3 way was one...burger fries and a drink... There were so many things that would be so funny without being obvious, maybe..

cowgirl8":b9wez0yu said:
If I opened a restaurant I would name it Nooners. On a road trip better half and I named things you could order at our fake eatery...3 way was one...burger fries and a drink... There were so many things that would be so funny without being obvious, maybe..

Maybe a "quickie" :mrgreen:

TexasBred":1zkfbqjr said:
cowgirl8":1zkfbqjr said:

Maybe a "quickie" :mrgreen:
Yeah, a quickie was one.. Right now my mind is jello with these kids bothering me all day...We had a ton of names for orders.

Latest posts