I feel sorry for my wife

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Hurt my wrist saturday and they put it in a cast for the next 4 weeks so looks like all I can do is drive she will have to do all the feeding and opening of the gates,put out all the mineral and salt
I feel so bad :cry2:

I guess i will have to be nice and take her out to eat
do ya think McDonalds will do :lol:

Angus Cowman,

Hope you get out of the cast soon and your wrist mends the way it should with no problems. Its always frustrating to not be able to do things for yourself as you would like to.

Things can always be worse......... It could have been BOTH wrists in casts. You would have a major problem then and have to depend on her even more as a help-mate. (Bathroom breaks, bathing, more bathroom breaks, eating, more bathroom breaks, etc, etc, etc,..... get the point?) :oops: :oops: :oops:

P.S. :heart: :heart: Let the wife enjoy the moment and take her out to somewhere nice like a place that serves real Angus beef....... or somewhere else. :heart: :heart:

It will pay dividends later.... ;-) ;-) :nod: :nod:

Trust me; the same thing happened to my wife and she was casted in both legs. I spent the next six weeks biting my tongue and doing all I could to help assist her until she was back on her feet. (You will have to depend on her till the wrist heals and emotions may get a little testy.) A meal at a nice place will go a long way my friend. I have to agree with Red Bull. How do you want your other meals to be?? If you have a good wife; TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER.

Get better soon,
HUS

you had better spoil your wife bigtime.esp since she is gonna have todo the feeding for you.an take her out to a fancy eating joint.

I bet she will be happy anywhere you take her so long as she doesn't have to cook or do the dishes. :nod: But if the frozen microwave pizzas start showing up, you better make reservations somewhere. :lol:

cfpinz":1qrirpob said:
bigbull338":1qrirpob said:
an take her out to a fancy eating joint.

Like Sonic?

Sonic would be great. When you get back home, she can squeeze you to get all that oil out of you that you ingest...

Should be enough to make a few tankfuls of biodiesel.

McDonalds Nah...Burgar King maybe :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry to hear about your wrist, take care of it as it can take a long time after the plaster is off to be right at our time of life. Take that wife of yours out to a nice eating hole and don't be a skinflint. all the best Chris.

Each time I have had surgery the doctor has told me not to do any lifting for x number of weeks. My boss lady tells the doctor he had better prescribe her a straight jacket to use on me.

You are helpless from a cast on a wrist? That would only mean I'd be lifting the mineral sacks one at a time.

I can't say I can feel your pain for your wrist but I do have an idea of what it's like. I shredded the cartilage in my shoulder. I was not able to get it operated on for 2 months and just lived with it till our last kid was born.
After the operation I was in a sling for 3months. It was about 5 months after the operation before I could drive a stick shift. I had to hire someone to drive and to do very basic stuff around the farm with me over there shoulder. It took almost a year before I was able to pretty much do everything I could before.

I'm thinking you should get your wife a red rose or two and a meal. 4 weeks should not be all that bad. IMO fast food is out but, a cheap buffet would do.

backhoeboogie":3rtq2z90 said:
Each time I have had surgery the doctor has told me not to do any lifting for x number of weeks. My boss lady tells the doctor he had better prescribe her a straight jacket to use on me.

You are helpless from a cast on a wrist? That would only mean I'd be lifting the mineral sacks one at a time.
No Boogie not helpless was Just having a lil fun lets see today I moved cows, patched fence,put out lick tubs, moved minral feeders and I fed the feeders
I have ran dozers with broke legs and trackhoes with my shoulder broke and ribs separated and lets see baled over 1000 bales of hay 3 yrs ago with a broke leg
I think about everyone on her but you understood I was just giving the wife a hard time
lets see tomorrow I am gonna tear out some old corrals and start driving post and welding up some new ones

mobgrazer":wqucisvj said:
I can't say I can feel your pain for your wrist but I do have an idea of what it's like. I shredded the cartilage in my shoulder. I was not able to get it operated on for 2 months and just lived with it till our last kid was born.
After the operation I was in a sling for 3months. It was about 5 months after the operation before I could drive a stick shift. I had to hire someone to drive and to do very basic stuff around the farm with me over there shoulder. It took almost a year before I was able to pretty much do everything I could before.

I'm thinking you should get your wife a red rose or two and a meal. 4 weeks should not be all that bad. IMO fast food is out but, a cheap buffet would do.

You should try to AI a cow with your arm (supposed to be) in a sling.

Angus Cowman":oikivlb1 said:
backhoeboogie":oikivlb1 said:

No Boogie not helpless was Just having a lil fun lets see today I moved cows, patched fence,put out lick tubs, moved minral feeders and I fed the feeders
I have ran dozers with broke legs and trackhoes with my shoulder broke and ribs separated and lets see baled over 1000 bales of hay 3 yrs ago with a broke leg
I think about everyone on her but you understood I was just giving the wife a hard time
lets see tomorrow I am gonna tear out some old corrals and start driving post and welding up some new ones

What a relief. I thought you had done gone city slicker on me.

backhoeboogie":2128nl6k said:
Angus Cowman":2128nl6k said:
backhoeboogie":2128nl6k said:

What a relief. I thought you had done gone city slicker on me.
Boogie what I was hinting at was for Dun to come over and do my work. We all know he just sits around watching soap operas and eating Bon Bons all day

dun":2veqkz8z said:
You should try to AI a cow with your arm (supposed to be) in a sling.

No thinks on AI cows. I pay someone to do that for me. I will preg check them and stuff but AI is something that I will not do.

When I got home my shoulder would not move but an inch without it hurting worse then when it would pop out of joint. It was my right shoulder. I could only drive automatics and my 68 C20 that was a 3 speed on the column. The first time I went to move the cows it took me 5 hours and had 3 vehicles stuck in the field for the cows to scratch on. All 3 of them had there rear ends sitting on the ground and looked like I was putting some ditches in my field.

My wife gave me 2 choices. Hire a kid to help me or get her someone to do house work and to raise the kids when she was helping me. I found someone to help me for half the cost as it would have been to find someone to do what she did. I just needed someone that could drive a stick, lift 50 lbs bags, have half a brain, hold stuff, be responsible, and that would understand I was the boss. It would have been hard to find someone that we could trust with our house and kids for a few hours every day. I ended up starting a kid at $.75 above min wage and gave him a $.25 raise to shut up the next week. He worked out very well once he keep his thoughts to him self until he got used to the way I ran my farm.

Latest posts