I don't understand

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
The population of the USA is 315 million and it's a big deal that 7 million have signed up for health care , what about the other 308 million ? :?: Do they not exist ?

How many of the 7 million qualify for a subsidy ?
My understanding was the young and healthy were going to offset the older, higher risk and etc,
So my question is who is paying for the subsidy ?
Why are rates going up ?
Why are people being dropped from insurance plans ?
Why are employers being forced to drop insurance for employees ?

Somehow I don't think it's working as promised
This whole thing is a cluster from the get go

The figure for the just the affordable care website is insane
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamac ... id/532315/

cowboy43":1kid97ry said:
The population of the USA is 315 million and it's a big deal that 7 million have signed up for health care , what about the other 308 million ? :?: Do they not exist ?

Your question proves you are smarter than the average bear and can see the spin put on it by the media.

Keep that brain working - a lot of folks do not

Bez

I don't like it being force fed to us
I don't like being forced to pay for insurance for people that are able to do for themselves but choose not to
But I was talking to two men that are around mid 40 to 50 ish and they said they are on board for anything that would make insurance affordable for them and their families
These 2 guys are in a small rural town and get up and go to work from 7:00 - 6:00 Monday - Friday and 7:00 to 12:00 on Saturday
They aren't lazy and are doing the best they can, but they just don't earn enough to afford insurance for their families
So I see the need for people like this

Just another twist I had one hard ass say if you can't support a wife and children you shouldn't have gotten married.
It's not my job to support your family

I feel like there has to be better solution than what we have now
I feel like it's more about government control than healthcare

Bez__":cwei8thy said:
cowboy43":cwei8thy said:

Your question proves you are smarter than the average bear and can see the spin put on it by the media.

Bez

It is a spin. Actually 7 million have logged onto the site. That does not mean they all bought Obama care. Also a large number who did it were already on medicare.

medicaid--not medicare.
If you are on medicare, you are already covered and would not need obamycare, unless the gov. website is wrong.

It's all a crock of hog shi+! If I get started on this topic, I will wear out my key board! Lol
So many doctors have opted out of participating that many people can't find a doctor that will even take them. Sure they have insurance now, but no doctor in the area for them. My sister had pneumonia and whooping cough. She couldn't breath well, much less call 10 different doctors offices to get someone to see her. She had to beg her way in by sitting in a waiting room until a nurse saw how sick she was and brought her in against the receptionists orders!
It is truely a mess, and it is going to get worse! Doctors will go out of business, Pharmacies will go under, and people will still not have good affordable healthcare.

75% are reported to have "increased" insurance premiums. By using the word "increased" I assume they already had existing premiums which should mean that 75% were already insured. This may end up like the automobile liability insurance mandate....folks will buy and pay the premium when they see they need it. Cancel shortly thereafter....repeat when needed.

branguscowgirl":25cp8bd8 said:
It's all a crock of hog shi+! If I get started on this topic, I will wear out my key board! Lol
So many doctors have opted out of participating that many people can't find a doctor that will even take them. Sure they have insurance now, but no doctor in the area for them. My sister had pneumonia and whooping cough. She couldn't breath well, much less call 10 different doctors offices to get someone to see her. She had to beg her way in by sitting in a waiting room until a nurse saw how sick she was and brought her in against the receptionists orders!
It is truely a mess, and it is going to get worse! Doctors will go out of business, Pharmacies will go under, and people will still not have good affordable healthcare.

Some have already gotten out of the business. More to follow..

branguscowgirl":23gudr8r said:
Just gotta keep in mind that this POTUS and congress does not give a dam. It's all about control...not healthcare !!!!!! If you die it's because of the previous healthcare system.

Deepsouth":19wcy6jw said:
Bez__":19wcy6jw said:
cowboy43":19wcy6jw said:

Bez

It is a spin. Actually 7 million have logged onto the site. That does not mean they all bought Obama care. Also a large number who did it were already on medicare.

Wrong most were on Medicaid huge difference as Medicare is for seniors over 65 that already pay a premium for Medicare.
Medicare is earned Medicaid is given with the welfare.

melking":2jl66wwh said:
I am so tired of being lied to. I don't wish for world peace, or anything as lofty as that, I just wish everyone would tell the truth. ALWAYS!!!

asking for that, especially of politicians, seems much loftier than world peace :frowns:

Latest posts