I don't understand

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I am having a family problem
You may all remember my Grandson that helps me all the time he is 3 will be 4 in May and I have gotten him to singing a song by Blake Shelton
It goes Hey Romeo lets go down to Mexico chase Senoritas and drink ourselves silly show them Mexican girls a couple real hillbillies

A good song right
well last nite in church he walked up and sang that to the preacher
Now the problem is my daughter thinks I am a bad influence on him and says we can't play togther no more :cry2: :cry2:

Does anyone else think she is in the wrong or is it just me

Angus Cowman":zcaxplei said:
You may all remember my Grandson that helps me all the time he is 3 will be 4 in May and I have gotten him to singing a song by Blake Shelton
It goes Hey Romeo lets go down to Mexico chase Senoritas and drink ourselves silly show them Mexican girls a couple real hillbillies

A good song right
Now the problem is my daughter thinks I am a bad influence on him and says we can't play togther no more :cry2: :cry2:

Your daughter is a fine mother r.e. her concern about this. She is in for a lot of heartburn. You need to teach him a couple hymns, like my grandad taught me. That'll get you back in. Then you can make sure he learns not to talk to mom. :)

You're definately wrong.....

You should have taught him:

The more I drink, the more I drink.

I turn into a lover and a dancing machine.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Good suggestion about teaching him some hymns. Or perhaps the honky tonk, the donka-donk.

She'll get over it........

I remember when I was young my Daddy teaching me a song my Mum found rude she wouldn't talk to him for a week and I was not allowed to sing ditties with him for sometime, but she soon got over it. I always liked to go out and about with Dad, and when she saw it affected me as well as him she backed down, but the songs were off limits. Talk to your daughter and explain you wont sing anymore of that type of song and your grandson will miss out on a lot as you wont always be around, and one day she will see the funny side of it all.

chrisy":v378ax12 said:
I remember when I was young my Daddy teaching me a song my Mum found rude she wouldn't talk to him for a week and I was not allowed to sing ditties with him for sometime, but she soon got over it. I always liked to go out and about with Dad, and when she saw it affected me as well as him she backed down, but the songs were off limits. Talk to your daughter and explain you wont sing anymore of that type of song and your grandson will miss out on a lot as you wont always be around, and one day she will see the funny side of it all.
Ah she will get over it
I had to remind her that she was the one who taught her youngest sister to sing LONGNECK BOTTLE by Garth Brooks when the youngest was 3 and she was 13
She just said dad I was so embarrassed when he told the preacher he knew a new song and that was the song she said the preacher laughed
I told her Hell I grew up with the preacher and I know he did lots worse than that when he was a kid :lol:

She just gets aggrivated at me because he mimmicks everything I do
and she can't stay mad at me because she is daddies lil girl

he was here all day today and is spending the night tonite because the roads are slick and her husband had to go out of town working on the downed powerlines he works for the elec co-op

Your daughter should be greatful that her little bundle of joy learned that one, of all the songs being played on the radio these days that is practically a hymn.. :)

Angus Cowman":3hqas452 said:

A good song right

Well, I don't know if this is relevant but my kids grew up heavily influenced by the mnmtrancher, all seem to be doing quite well as adults. :tiphat:

Angus Cowman":3ohhtzk5 said:

A good song right

your not a bad influence. my 4h leaders sone is about 4 too and he told his preacher that he has 16 girlfreinds. he also told his fathers boss that he was gonna tell his wife about the girl he got a drink for. its just kids!!

when my oldest son was around that age, i was painting and broke a glass, said a few choice words while i was sweepin' it up...little while later my preacher uncle and wife dropped in... he grabbed the broom and started sweeping and started saying sht..sht..sht just like good ol' poppa :oops:

I'm on the "young man's" side. Heck I remember years ago a kid got up at mass without even being prompted, walked up front, turned around and belted out "Delta Dawn". Everybody gave him a round of applause and stated looking for the bar. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts