I don't socialize anymore.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
First off, I'm not complaining, so I must not be very sociable anyway. Haven't gone to dinner with another couple in a great little my while. (Still have friends), but haven't done anything with a friend in a long time. I'll occasionally rope at somebody's house on a Sunday evening, or have a few over, but outside of that, I don't socialize.

Don't really know when I stopped. Didn't really even realize that it happened. A friend called this week, and needed a favor. I agreed, and before we hung up, he said,"I never se ya anymore". Thought about it, and it's true. Slowly but surely, I've checked out.

My kids keep me busy, but so does everybody else's. I work a lot, so does everybody else. My wife is a school administrator. Even when she's home, she's working on school. I guess I'm just an old hermit.

Sadly, that happens. I have reunited with some college buddies. We go back to the late 1960s. Just yesterday, 4 of us met at Jerry's Restaurant in Paris, KY. BTW: wonderful restaurant. Just simple food but has a home cooked touch.

Anyway, we laughed. Told jokes about getting older. It was hilarious. Did me a lot of good. It was our 6 th get together this year. So becoming regular. You need to keep your social skills.

Bigfoot":3ve2ap1l said:
First off, I'm not complaining, so I must not be very sociable anyway. Haven't gone to dinner with another couple in a great little my while. (Still have friends), but haven't done anything with a friend in a long time. I'll occasionally rope at somebody's house on a Sunday evening, or have a few over, but outside of that, I don't socialize.

Don't really know when I stopped. Didn't really even realize that it happened. A friend called this week, and needed a favor. I agreed, and before we hung up, he said,"I never se ya anymore". Thought about it, and it's true. Slowly but surely, I've checked out.

My kids keep me busy, but so does everybody else's. I work a lot, so does everybody else. My wife is a school administrator. Even when she's home, she's working on school. I guess I'm just an old hermit.

Man I'm glad you posted this. About sums me up too. I been wondering if something is wrong with me. I just don't enjoy being around most people that much anymore. I think part of its my job...and part of it is how exhausted I feel after socializing. I'm definitely someone who is not energized and recharged by others...need my alone time.

One of the main reasons I chose the cattle business is that I never have to be a salesman.

I don't know if I'm busy...or just lazy. I do occasionally socialize, usually a chance meeting with friends at a cafe over coffee or breakfast, but as far as just calling someone up and deciding to go eat with them..not often.
Church get together events are different tho. Have quite a few of those thru out the year, and I do look forward to the annual SE Texas Beef Symposium where I can talk to cow folks I rarely see.

I hear that. I'm getting married in November and I can't even think of any groomsmen other than my helpers. I wouldn't invite anyone if my fiance wasn't insistent on having bridesmaids :|

I never did socialize much. I fell timber and ran a long line trapline because neither one of those put me in contact with other people. I can't remember the last time I went to some other's place for dinner. There are guys who I talk to at the sale most every week but I have never been to their place. I am involved with a active group from church. But other than group projects or meetings we don't socialize. The one thing to watch out for is when the kids get grown. Some people who I thought of as friends turned out to be parents of my kids friends. Once the kids went their own way the parents dropped out of sight.

My wife tells me I'm socially constipated. She's the social butterfly. I go to work and I go home; seldom a stop anywhere else.

:stop: We love it at home. Went to a ranch yesterday and worked cows. Ate lunch with a group and they were interesting.

Tonight I'm taking my grandson to football practice. There will be parents everywhere. Youngsters. Some will have a muppet hairdo etc. I'll probably just stare at my cell phone.

Ouachita":1y5wc6m8 said:
My wife tells me I'm socially constipated. She's the social butterfly. I go to work and I go home; seldom a stop anywhere else.

That sounds like my household. I'd be perfectly fine going days without speaking to another human, and she has to have a little dog in the house to keep her company when there's no one else there to talk to.

I am not very social at all. I teach my classes, I help someone if they need with cattle, every once in awhile go to a rodeo if I know someone riding, I know a few guys I can hunt with or go somewhere and drink and hang out but don't very often. I like being in my house where I am comfortable. I use to go to this one place it was a dive most times wouldn't be more than 10 people in the place. Last place me and a buddy went to was packed we had fun but I wouldn't go back. I don't like crowds they make me nervous. On the holidays I see close family Mom,Dad, Sister and BIL at one stop then Wife's Mother, Father, Sister, two Brothers and their wives and kids then I am ready to head back to the farm.

wacocowboy":3d7o87n9 said:
I use to go to this one place it was a dive most times wouldn't be more than 10 people in the place. Last place me and a buddy went to was packed we had fun but I wouldn't go back. ...
They threw ya out huh?
Surly bartenders?

greybeard":38hhudyq said:
wacocowboy":38hhudyq said:
I use to go to this one place it was a dive most times wouldn't be more than 10 people in the place. Last place me and a buddy went to was packed we had fun but I wouldn't go back. ...
They threw ya out huh?
Surly bartenders?

Naw my dive closed cause dummy didn't pay his taxes. The packed places we closed it down. I am a very mellow mild person never been thrown out.

RanchMan90":2kap68rg said:
I hear that. I'm getting married in November and I can't even think of any groomsmen other than my helpers. I wouldn't invite anyone if my fiance wasn't insistent on having bridesmaids :|

I am glad my wife changed her mind and went with a small wedding no extras. I don't know who I would of had as best man.

greybeard":kvd3eggg said:
wbvs58":kvd3eggg said:
My hearing keeps me from going where there is a group of people.

Ken
Mine too. Too acute. I hear every conversation in the place.

Same here. Just left a funeral gathering and I could see lips moving but all I heard was noise. It sucks.

wbvs58":zpv0f025 said:
My hearing keeps me from going where there is a group of people.

Ken
My hearing is a handy excuse not to go out. I've never been much for socializing. I like people and don't mind chatting when I bump into a neighbor or something but anything more is pure torture for me. My declining hearing reinforces that.

Latest posts