I don't socialize anymore.

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":reb0dhys said:
wacocowboy":reb0dhys said:
greybeard":reb0dhys said:
They threw ya out huh?
Surly bartenders?

Naw my dive closed cause dummy didn't pay his taxes. The packed places we closed it down. I am a very mellow mild person never been thrown out.

You just need an industrial margarita maker and set the world right. You buy one and they will come to you.

I'd be running for the creek bottom. Two people is ok 5 people make me nervous my comfort lies somewhere between those numbers.

Always been kind of a loner, it is amazing that I ever got married. We really don't socialize much. Our place is away from having a neighbor in site so we can stay home and not see anyone.

I should have been a hermit. Sometimes I even feel like the wife and I don't socialize much with each other.

Jogeephus":38vnzqpm said:
I rarely go anywhere either. Summer in Rangoon pretty well does it for me. ;-) :lol2:

Are you saying if I want a vacation to the tropics, I just have to drive to Georgia?

True Grit Farms":2bayecc0 said:
I'm shocked that y'all don't stay busy socializing. Giving your time to someone else is what life is about.

You just cleared up the meaning of life for me. Well, I'm off to start socializing. :lol:

herofan":ilqichqu said:
True Grit Farms":ilqichqu said:
I'm shocked that y'all don't stay busy socializing. Giving your time to someone else is what life is about.

You just cleared up the meaning of life for me. Well, I'm off to start socializing. :lol:

Your a teacher I believe? Teacher's make a lasting impression on every student. Its been a long time since I was in school and can still remember most of my teachers names.

True Grit Farms":268qya0h said:
I'm shocked that y'all don't stay busy socializing..
I figure I did enough socializing in my rough and rowdy/single & younger days to last 10 lifetimes.
Among those are the right to life, liberty and the happiness of pursuit

True Grit Farms":2ul2fh0l said:
herofan":2ul2fh0l said:
True Grit Farms":2ul2fh0l said:

Your a teacher I believe? Teacher's make a lasting impression on every student. Its been a long time since I was in school and can still remember all of my teachers names.
Wow,I can remember a few but had too many and too long ago.

tom4018":23w57qso said:
True Grit Farms":23w57qso said:
herofan":23w57qso said:

Your a teacher I believe? Teacher's make a lasting impression on every student. Its been a long time since I was in school and can still remember all of my teachers names.
Wow,I can remember a few but had too many and too long ago.

I fixed it to MOST because of CRS.

Bright Raven":399k5hb1 said:
Jogeephus":399k5hb1 said:
I rarely go anywhere either. Summer in Rangoon pretty well does it for me. ;-) :lol2:

Are you saying if I want a vacation to the tropics, I just have to drive to Georgia?

If you come this month the weather you'll swear you were in Cambodia. No need to bring a jacket.

Jogeephus":1l558ddl said:
Bright Raven":1l558ddl said:
Jogeephus":1l558ddl said:

If you come this month the weather you'll swear you were in Cambodia. No need to bring a jacket.

Might be worth it if the weather comes with a bottle of your wine. :drink:

Bright Raven":1yre68ek said:

The dog days are stifling but once that's over the rest of the year is very nice and like you say the right beverage will dull the discomfort.

Jogeephus":3hwcqg40 said:
Bright Raven":3hwcqg40 said:

The dog days are stifling but once that's over the rest of the year is very nice and like you say the right beverage will dull the discomfort.
Interesting........we are experiencing the coolest and wettest August since 1993. If we've hit 90 degrees in the past 3 weeks it's just been very brief; mostly low to upper 80's daytime and low 60's nighttime, even a couple upper 50's. Over 7" of rain since August 1. Just awesome to come home after my day job and want to stay outside this time of year. I'm sitting outside now, nice breeze, coaching my son as he assembles a ladder stand. Grass is green and growing like it does in April. Creeks are running full and clear. Life is good.

Several here comment or socialize all the time over and over. Guess its just a bit shocking how many here say they don't socialize much in their daily life and are like hermits or lone wolves. And I thought I was the only one :shock: .

FlyingLSimmentals":1bl8dg2z said:
Several here comment or socialize all the time over and over. Guess its just a bit shocking how many here say they don't socialize much in their daily life and are like hermits or lone wolves. And I thought I was the only one :shock: .
Thats it.

Ouachita":1hkjww96 said:
Jogeephus":1hkjww96 said:
Bright Raven":1hkjww96 said:

Interesting........we are experiencing the coolest and wettest August since 1993. If we've hit 90 degrees in the past 3 weeks it's just been very brief; mostly low to upper 80's daytime and low 60's nighttime, even a couple upper 50's. Over 7" of rain since August 1. Just awesome to come home after my day job and want to stay outside this time of year. I'm sitting outside now, nice breeze, coaching my son as he assembles a ladder stand. Grass is green and growing like it does in April. Creeks are running full and clear. Life is good.

Its been a relatively cool fall here as well but its been hot this week. Been a great year for growing grass only its hasn't been a good year for baling hay with all the showers.

Not surprising that many here are loners. First, probably more loners on internet discussion boards, and second, perhaps cattle people are more loners. Seems if you loved people you'd be living in town 5 feet from your neighbors.

I've felt bad for not attending any class reunions. Just went to my first at 40 years. While it was nice getting updates on people, I realized I had little in common with them and don't expect to see anyone much.

djinwa":3mazgqds said:
Not surprising that many here are loners. First, probably more loners on internet discussion boards, and second, perhaps cattle people are more loners. Seems if you loved people you'd be living in town 5 feet from your neighbors.

I've felt bad for not attending any class reunions. Just went to my first at 40 years. While it was nice getting updates on people, I realized I had little in common with them and don't expect to see anyone much.

That has occurred to me through this entire thread.