I didn't see this one on the radio

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

I'm not a Bautista fan especially after the bat flip and show boating during last years ALDS, but the slide was clean. He did come across the bag to bust up the double play, but DID NOT come in spikes up.
He even bent his knees and came in with his shins
He had just been hit with a fast ball and took a right hook square on the button and never lost his feet :D

Cross-7":2zufalg1 said:
I'm not a Bautista fan especially after the bat flip and show boating during last years ALDS, but the slide was clean. He did come across the bag to bust up the double play, but DID NOT come in spikes up.
He had just been hit with a fast ball and took a right hook square on the button and never lost his feet :D
The umpires all disagree with you. They said it was an illegal slide.

Cross-7":1eweuq7l said:
but the slide was clean. He did come across the bag to bust up the double play, but DID NOT come in spikes up.

As of the start of the 2016 season that's not allowed. It's an automatic out at first.

Elbow was way to high in the punch,you lose a lot of power like that. Other than that it was a decent lick. The slide was ok in my book, even though it's been deemed illegal now. When you get hit there is gonna be some retaliation, sooner or later, same with a bat flip, baseball players have elephant memories.

TexasBred":zydivwl8 said:
Cross-7":zydivwl8 said:
The umpires all disagree with you. They said it was an illegal slide.

That's what I said
But it was clean, he didn't spike him or really come him overly hard
It's common everyday baseball, I don't necessarily agree with it, same as running over the catcher but that's the way it's been played.
Too many bad injuries from plays just like that, Utley and Jeter to name two.
I'm an Odor fan but that is over the top

Best hit the rangers have had all year though :D

Ol' 243":a42y1ahp said:
Elbow was way to high in the punch,you lose a lot of power like that. Other than that it was a decent lick.
Way it looked to me he had to have the elbow up. He was coming over the top of the other guy's left arm.
He did fine job any way you see it.

Odor suspended for 8 games--Bautista suspended for one game. Others involved got a one game suspension as well.