I didn't know America was spelled J A P A N

Help Support CattleToday:

upfrombottom

Reaction score
I was replacing the wheel bearings and races in a dirt pan today and called the bearing supply house to see if they had them. I gave the guy on the phone the numbers off the old bearings and he said he had them in Chinese or American and asked which one I wanted. I always ask for American even though I know the price will be doubled. Well when I got the bearings I was correct with the price doubling thought, but they were all stamped made in Japan. Naturally, I had to call the guy. I was told that Japan made is the same as American made and China made is half as good as either. The guy apologised and said he should have said American quality. I asked if he had some that were stamped made in USA and he said they no longer stock them. If I hadn't have needed them so bad, I would have sent them back.When did America become a republic of Japan?

It is becoming harder and harder to supply American made product on the government jobs we do. It is very disheartening to find out that some of the materials that we need are no longer made in America.
Bear

Ordered 3 pair of boots last month from an Amish shoe store. Two pair of Justin's and a pair of Redwings. Did not think to ask if they were American made. Guess what, the Justin's were foreign made and the Redwings were made in the USA from imported materials. Seems even the Amish have to get their products imported.

I'm surprised they didn't ask if I wanted a Spanish speaking salesman. Kinda got me wanting to look to see where apple pie is made.

The thing with Japan started in the late 40's or early 50's. The Chinese trade started much more recently but you ain't seen nothing yet.

IMHO we are at fault, we being the average consumer. We, almost always, buy cheap with no regard to the quality of the product we are buying. It's hard to convince someone that a product made for a dollar an hour costs less than the same product made for $80 per hour by a union worker in this country. Again, IMHO, we get what we pay for. I applaud what you are trying to do with insisting on buying American. I do the same thing when it's possible but I think we are both fighting windmills.

There may be a cost different on labor from Japan and the USA. But it looks as if the companies charge the customer as if the labor is $25 an hour US instead of $5.00 a day in Japan. So the profit goes to the company instead of the customer.

Taxing the heck out of companies forcing them to move out of the country along with the extreme demands of the unions has given us these foreign products.

If everyone started carinmg about quality instead of price we wouldn't be in this position

Hey you":1ipv04c5 said:
Taxing the heck out of companies forcing them to move out of the country along with the extreme demands of the unions has given us these foreign products.

Sounds like a great reason to go to a flat tax on the gross. Perhaps 10%. Everyone will pay the same, Big Oil as well as the Mom & Pop. Rich or poor, make it equal. That is the trickle down effect. The government would have the same money to spend but we'd all pay the same premium on making money in America. Get rid of IRS. Get rid of Congress, who are now only there to take care of themselves. It'd be hard to argue that they have done anything good for this great country over the last 50 years. Especially looking at the results of their work, considering todays times.

gimpyrancher":28gtwcr2 said:
Hey you":28gtwcr2 said:

Sounds like a great reason to go to a flat tax on the gross. Perhaps 10%. Everyone will pay the same, Big Oil as well as the Mom & Pop. Rich or poor, make it equal. That is the trickle down effect. The government would have the same money to spend but we'd all pay the same premium on making money in America. Get rid of IRS. Get rid of Congress, who are now only there to take care of themselves. It'd be hard to argue that they have done anything good for this great country over the last 50 years. Especially looking at the results of their work, considering todays times.
:nod:

Hey you":1y9y05g8 said:
What extreme demands? Are you sure it's not due to "ungodly high" kickbacks to CEO's
Valerie

Thank the unions for shipping all of our manufacturing jobs overseas. Unreasonable wage demands by unskilled labor killed American manufacturing.

Latest posts