I did it!

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater

Reaction score
It appears as though I have broken California's eleven month drought all by myself! I started my little plan in motion about two months ago by re-working one of my sets of corrals to make AI posible on range cattle. That by itself didn't bring any rain but when the cattle gods saw me clearing out my and my wife's schedule and lining up help and buying medicine complete with Cidrs and one hundred and twenty straws of high end stuff my efforts were pointed out to the rain gods who we all know thrive on inconveniance.
I literally checked the ten day forecast, ordered the meds and semen, and checked the forecast again and it went from sunny 70's the first check to at least a 10% chance most days with on 40% and 2 days at 80%. :lol:
I don't mind getting wet but this place is six miles of steep red clay roads behind the front gate so once the rain starts you're done for at least a week unless you ride in. I guess I'd better rustle up another bull this week and count my blessings.

Listen buddy, away with you!

I spent about 12 hours on the tractor planting millet because the forecast said 80% rain in our area, we got squat rain, I'm totally diallisionsed!!!!

Good for you!!

alisonb":1ryfgcyv said:
Listen buddy, away with you!

I spent about 12 hours on the tractor planting millet because the forecast said 80% rain in our area, we got squat rain, I'm totally diallisionsed!!!!

Good for you!!

See, you screwed up by temping the rain gods as it was clearly to your benefit for them to give you rain. I have leverage here as I'm going to go ahead and dose out the gnrh about four days before it is suposed to start and then get all excited about next years calves... they won't be able to resist that much temptation!

The uncle always says the best way to get it to rain is to mow hay, or pour concrete. Guess you can add on AI'ing cows.

I usually do it by just unintentionally leaving a few sacks of range meal in the back of the truck.
(that stuff attracts moisture like a magnet)

sim.-ang.king":cyupatl8 said:
The uncle always says the best way to get it to rain is to mow hay, or pour concrete. Guess you can add on AI'ing cows.
Isn't that the truth! I can tell you that here in Tennessee, planning your hay cutting around the rain can get frustrating some times!!

alisonb":1yft3jv5 said:
So....I've cut Lucerne, lets see!

But have you cut enough? It only works if you cut way more than you'll be able to bale quickly if needed or if hauling the bales off will take longer than expected with your tractor having a flat tyre with a thunderstorm brewing.

Sighhhh... Remember when things were much simpler?
When leaving the wash on the clothesline or you car windows down was all it took?

greybeard":272fmf93 said:
Sighhhh... Remember when things were much simpler?
When leaving the wash on the clothesline or you car windows down was all it took?
Climate Change. :lol2: