I Declair War

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Year in and year out we fight those Racoons and Skunks finding a way to the Chicken house. This year I am trying a new approach to varmits demise. I built a smaller Chicken house 30"X48"X28" with 30" legs and a double floor made of 2"X4" lumber with 1"X1" wire on both sides of the framed floor with single wire around the four sides walls and insulated metal roof. I also will add electric fence wire to the legs on three sides with a varmet trap [the type with jawls] under the chicken hutch. Hopefully leaving one end open will allow access to the trap. I"ll let ya'all know how It works out. Anyone with a better varmit remedy, chime in.

We just keep a trap set every day right behind the coop. Bait with dry dog or cat food.
Get possums, stray cats, and coons. SSS once trapped

One more thing. We have an interior door at the roosting area. So the varmints have to go thru 2 doors to get to them. Haven't lost a single chicken at night in 3 years. Only lost
2 during the day. One to a hawk and one to a day coon

hooknline":18gmin5l said:
One more thing. We have an interior door at the roosting area. So the varmints have to go thru 2 doors to get to them. Haven't lost a single chicken at night in 3 years. Only lost
How does a "day coon" differ from a "rac coon"?

dun":28l0ch4r said:
hooknline":28l0ch4r said:
Just what we call a raccoon out during daylight hours.

there was the lime green chevy impala with 30" spinners that rolled thru one day. I think they were lost though

hooknline":203mqfm8 said:
there was the lime green chevy impala with 30" spinners that rolled thru one day. I think they were lost though

I had a lime green leisure suit back in the disco days. Thought I was pretty hot but I didn't get many dates. Looking back I guess I was lost, too.

I quit losing birds when I gave the dogs the run of the place and penned the birds away from the outside fences.

I also remeber seeing a product that mimics a predators eyes at night or something like that that repels night time predators. I remember thinking to myself that it was expensive and then calculating how much I'd spent on building supplies to try to save birds and birds that never gave me any return and deciding that it was pretty cheap if it worked.

hooknline":kcjzkzxg said:
dun":kcjzkzxg said:
hooknline":kcjzkzxg said:
Just what we call a raccoon out during daylight hours.
That would be a "porch monkey".

cow pollinater":2qqk9tnf said:
I also remeber seeing a product that mimics a predators eyes at night or something like that that repels night time predators. I remember thinking to myself that it was expensive and then calculating how much I'd spent on building supplies to try to save birds and birds that never gave me any return and deciding that it was pretty cheap if it worked.

Just happened to see that the other day.

http://thepredatorpreventer.com/

VanC":6iirwgvq said:
hooknline":6iirwgvq said:

I had a lime green leisure suit back in the disco days. Thought I was pretty hot but I didn't get many dates. Looking back I guess I was lost, too.

Lost? Man, you couldn't have found your butt with both hands. I had a leisure suit, but it sure wasn't lime green. I had good taste, considering the times. I did have this incredibly ugly medallion on a chain. I wore it once. Just not the "bling" type.

john250":gkaxhsol said:
VanC":gkaxhsol said:
hooknline":gkaxhsol said:

Lost? Man, you couldn't have found your butt with both hands. I had a leisure suit, but it sure wasn't lime green. I had good taste, considering the times. I did have this incredibly ugly medallion on a chain. I wore it once. Just not the "bling" type.

Are you implying that THIS is in bad taste?

http://www.vkostume.ru/images/original/1324451736.jpg

So many memories. Sigh.