I can't take it any more!

Help Support CattleToday:

up here it I would say it is a toss up between Ford and Dodge for work trucks.

The "AAA farmers" all drive GM 1/2 ton grocery getters, most of them Denali's. I saw a Cadilac Escalade pulling a header trailer this summer, wife must have needed the "truck" to haul something to the lake house.

after having two dodge cummins, I now have an f350 and the wife has an f250, both with 7.3 powerstrokes. The nice thing about having two ford trucks is that usually one runs long enough to drag the other to the shop, although they do compare well to the cummins, as long as you don`t care about mileage or power.

skeeter swatter":3omzu5ck said:
after having two dodge cummins, I now have an f350 and the wife has an f250, both with 7.3 powerstrokes. The nice thing about having two ford trucks is that usually one runs long enough to drag the other to the shop, although they do compare well to the cummins, as long as you don`t care about mileage or power.

Why did you leave Dodge then skeeter?

Dodges are great as long as you have stock in 3ms duct tape. Dang trucks fall apart around the engine. Including the tranny. Chevy still hasn't fixed the rear end issues, the fuel pump issues, or te electrical gremlins. Fords issues are always changing but at least they didn't take the government money to be beholden to them. How many times have taxpayers bailed Chrysler out...3??

I know that everyone is going to have his/her opinion on trucks... just like to type and color of tractors that we use. As for me, I have owned nothing but GMC trucks and have been very happy with them!

I am currently driving a 2009 GMC 2500HD and have to say that it has been the best truck I have owned to date! :banana:

With todays technology and all... I am sure that all of the "big 3" trucks are pretty good. Go with what you like and be happy!

:cboy:

Brian

I drove wifes truck in pasture tonight got cow chip all over it had to go wash it off before she found it but this is her baby
ResizedImage_1350009540463_zpsfcbc8e67.jpg

I have always owned Fords in the past, but bought a new '08 Silverado in Feb '09, they turned into govt motors not long afterwards and I have cursed everytime I look out in the drive and see the thing. Nothing terribly wrong with it (currently) except it won't get out of it's own way, a battery post fell off a month after I bought it, the new battery wouldn't take a charge 60 days later, the key switch wouldn't work within 40K miles, (cost me nearly $375 to replace) it's got a coolant leak somewhere--I can smell it but can't find it---and it just now has 70,000 miles on it. From day one, the exhaust smells like rotten eggs, I have to herd it down the highway because the front suspension sucks, even tho every bit of required maintenance has been done on time and as the book calls for, and both front speakers cut in and out for the radio.

Rented a new and loaded 2012 Dodge truck last year when wife had a little fender bender in the Chevy, and it was really nice, but sticker price was way up there, and I can't see me owning or buying a Fiat anyway. Going back to the Blue Oval when I get tired of the white POS with the bow tie on the front.

Had a 99 f250 7.3, some cretin stole it and stripped it. Bought a 06 duramax. So far ( 182, 000) I am happy with it. And yes Greybeard the right front speaker does cut in and out. Quieter than my ford.

Latest posts